March 2012 Moms
Options

Swim Diapers?

Is anyone using swim diapers or do you just use a normal disposable and let it puff up?  My niece's 1st birthday is coming up labor day weekend and they are doing a water theme - splash pool and water tables.  DD LOVES baths, so I expect she will like the splash pool but I can't figure out what to put on her.  The only disposables I found start at 16 lbs and she is somewhere between 12-13. I doubt she will be up to 16 by the party.  I hate to buy a reusable diaper to just use one time.
image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Swim Diapers?

• Options

I'd use the swim diaper... yes it's a little big, but you can save the ones you don't use for next year. 

Warning though, they do not hold pee, only poop.  When we took DD swimming, she fell asleep before I could change her.  We just put a regular diaper around her before we put her in the pumpkin seat to get in the car.  Here's a picture:

• Options

I recommend a cloth one.  It does the same thing, is easy to clean and you don't have to keep buying the disposable ones.  They also fit better.  And they're way cuter :)  And waaaaay cheaper.  

https://www.amazon.com/FINIS-Girls-Diapers-Bubble-XX-Large/dp/B001QDRIHI/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1344808388&sr=8-12&keywords=cloth+swim+diaper 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    :)  Just read the last line of your post about not wanting to buy a reusable one.  Sorry I missed that.  Maybe if she loves it you could buy a little baby pool she can splash around in while it's still warm?  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekel716:

I'd use the swim diaper... yes it's a little big, but you can save the ones you don't use for next year. 

Warning though, they do not hold pee, only poop.  When we took DD swimming, she fell asleep before I could change her.  We just put a regular diaper around her before we put her in the pumpkin seat to get in the car.  Here's a picture:

Haha cute! Thanks for the tip. 

image image

• Options

imagekmhunt11:
    :)  Just read the last line of your post about not wanting to buy a reusable one.  Sorry I missed that.  Maybe if she loves it you could buy a little baby pool she can splash around in while it's still warm?  

I had that thought too but it can snow here mid October (with the heat this year I doubt it will). I didn't want to buy a pool and a diaper and then not get our money out of it. The summer will be over before we know it with all the weekend plans we have!

image image

• Options

We grabbed a pack of disposable huggies swimmers, and they did the job. Dom was only 11lbs when we used the size small on him, and he did end up pooping while swimming. The diaper held it all in, and when he was done swimming and we were taking off his diaper is when we realized he went at som point. 

They may just come up to her chest, at least that is how they fit when Dom was under the weight bracket.  

We put the diaper in a baggy hosed him off, and that was it!

Since he goes swimming often, we got a couple reusable ones when he used up the huggies. 

Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    we've used swim diapers even though the size was a bit large...they worked just fine!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Just buy a cloth One Size diaper. It will last forever. Don't put the insert in it and its a swim diaper.

Look on CL - you can find one for $10 or less like new. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"