Idaho Babies
Options

New to the area!

Hi everyone! 

I have recently moved to the Boise area from out of state.  Two months after we moved in DH and I discovered that we are expecting our first LO!! We are so excited, it's something we have been trying for for the past 2 years. It is kind of ironic that we get to Idaho, without any friends or family, and then get pregnant. I'm a bit nervous to do this for the first time without any friends or family. I am currently seeing an OB at St. Luke's downtown, and our 1st appointment was great. I'm curious to see if any one else has experience with St. Lukes, good or bad. And does anyone have any good ideas about how to meet some new friends/ mommies?  TIA. 

Re: New to the area!

• Options
    I went to St. Lukes during my pregnancy and they're great. I gave birth in the meridian hospital and the birthing room was very nice. I didn't have to share the room with anyone while we were waiting, I think you do at the downtown location, they have a jet tub and birthing ball that help with contractions and the nurses were very helpful and kind. 
    I didn't know this until afterwards but if you give birth at St. Al's they give you a free new mommy massage! I kind of wish I would have went there for that instead! haha :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ooh new mommy massage sounds great! If it turns out that I like my OB then I will def stick with St. Lukes, I like the birthing ball and jet tub, I saw that online. And I have signed up for their prenatal yoga classes. Seems like they have a lot of nice features. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was at St. Lukes downtown and never had to share a room. Jetted tubs, birthing ball, huge TV etc. It was great there. 
  • Options
    i was in the downtown st lukes and it was nice they had tube and birthing ball the tv was good the only complant i had was that they said they had dvd players and the two rooms i get stuck (one for delivery and one for pp)  they didnt have them. I had a c section but it was good they kept me calm and everything went fine. :)
  • Options
    I gave birth in the downtown St Lukes.  I had a great experience with them.  I was in labor for over 27 hours and had to have an emergency c-section.  The dr's and nurses were fantastic.  I didn't have to share a room at all.  My husband was there the whole time and he had a fold out bed to sleep on.  My only advise is to discuss the payment plan with the hospital well in advance.  They are pretty unforgiving of financial circumstances after the baby is born.   
  • Options

imageclelahoadley:
    I gave birth in the downtown St Lukes.  I had a great experience with them.  I was in labor for over 27 hours and had to have an emergency c-section.  The dr's and nurses were fantastic.  I didn't have to share a room at all.  My husband was there the whole time and he had a fold out bed to sleep on.  My only advise is to discuss the payment plan with the hospital well in advance.  They are pretty unforgiving of financial circumstances after the baby is born.   

Totally agree here. If you are late on a payment for any reason they send your account straight to collections where it gains 12% interest a month. We forgot about one of the bills and tried to pay it a week late and they had already sent it off. 

• Options
    My doctor is also at St Lukes downtown. I'm due a month before you :) Thanks for tell us about the payments ladies that is a great thing to know!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks for all the info ladies! I have already had some issues with St lukes not billing my insurance, but they have been helpful is fixing the situation so far. SJrowe, congrats!! How has your experience been so far? Are you taking any of the classes that St Lukes has to offer?
  • Options

I delivered at St. Al's and had an amazing experience. They also have tubs, birthing balls, etc.  I also had my own room the entire time.  The post-partum room is huge, with an adjustable full size bed, plus a fold out chair/bed.  The childbirth classes are awesome as well.  I learned a lot, but didn't feel pressured to change my birth plan. The other major selling point for me choosing St. Als over Lukes was the security.  The entire maternity floor is secure, you have to be buzzed in or out, sign in and wear a visitor's badge.  Also, if you are like me and don't want people bothering you when you are in labor the nurses won't let anyone to your room without your permission.

They also offer a TON of breastfeeding support, including a free breastfeeding support group with licensed lactation consultants every Tuesday at 11am.  I also attend their "baby and me" support group every Tuesday at 10am.  It is also free with different topics about baby.  You can get more info here https://www.facebook.com/BabyandMeSaintAlphonsus

I also changed insurance immediately following my DD's birth and there were some billing issues and I was never once sent to collections or charged any late fees.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #1 1/11/11 M/C 2/4/11
    BFP #2 6/13/11 Baby E born 2/18/12
    BFP #3 12/3/12 C/P 12/5/12
    BFP #4 2/10/13 Baby R born 10/19/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"