LGBT Parenting

T*T and others - house color

We're painting the outside. We just bought it a few months ago, and it's not in good shape... It's a dutch colonial. Thoughts?

Ok, I'm going to work now... Smile

Re: T*T and others - house color

• Love this and you can get your orange in with the door (though I think it would also look awesome with a red door.) Not sure what is going on with those red curtains in the front. Odd.

Also like this (I love red doors!)

But I have always wanted a creamy yellow house.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I love this color scheme...and I do love myself a purple door!

• Loading the player...
  • Our house is similar (looks like a barn, sort of dutch colonial) and is a light bluish grey.  We added a red door a few years ago and we love the punch of color.  If we repaint someday, I'll do a blue that is darker than what we have.  So, blue with white shutters and a red door would be my idea!

I think this style of house can look great with some color--so don't be afraid to go beyond white!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree that the door is a great way bring in color. I'm not a fan of the deck but I like the color of the house with the bold white trim and dark roof.  What type of siding do you have?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTwo*True:

I agree that the door is a great way bring in color. I'm not a fan of the deck but I like the color of the house with the bold white trim and dark roof.  What type of siding do you have?

We have shingles. Thanks for your suggestions! I like them all, and I'll show K when I get home today... Thanks again! I'll let you know what the final pick is.

• imagetdmklm:
    imageTwo*True:

I agree that the door is a great way bring in color. I'm not a fan of the deck but I like the color of the house with the bold white trim and dark roof.  What type of siding do you have?

We have shingles. Thanks for your suggestions! I like them all, and I'll show K when I get home today... Thanks again! I'll let you know what the final pick is.

I think shingles lend themselves to more choices.  You get a better sense of depth and dimension with singles that can change the way colors feel/look in comparison to siding.  At least I think so but I really have no training in this stuff. :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTwo*True:
    imagetdmklm:
    imageTwo*True:

I think shingles lend themselves to more choices.  You get a better sense of depth and dimension with singles that can change the way colors feel/look in comparison to siding.  At least I think so but I really have no training in this stuff. :-)

I agree. I really like shingles. When we have a bit more, ahem, economic flexibility Smile, I want to add a couple of rows of scales to the house and have them painted a different color - a darker shade of whatever the house is.

I think we've settled on a light, creamy green with a red door. We both loved the first photo 2brides posted (the light yellow with the orange door), and then we got home and realized our neighbors' house is yellow. Oooops. We thought it would be too matchy-matchy... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"