Health & Exercise
Options

Which brand is best to help stretch marks?

Palmer's Tummy Butter/Stretch Mark Cream...Bio-Oil....or Mederma for stretch marks.

I modeled before I got pregnant and I HAVE TO get back after I have my baby to be able to make money for him (single mom Wink ) I've had very faint stretch marks on my hips ever since I was about 14 and I have been using cocoa butter ever since then. But after my first trimester I started noticing tiny red/pink lines on my breasts and butt. They eventually got bigger. I really want to use Mederma as a last resort.  Any suggestions on these brands or something else that you have tried that works?

Gabriella's Mommy 12/22/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Which brand is best to help stretch marks?

• Options
    Time. I've tried all of those, and really, they fade over time, the creams did nothing to speed it up. One thing I've looked at doing is laser treatments, but most of my stretch marks are pretty faded, so it may not work.
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    Stretch marks are genetic. You'll either get them or you won't and no amount of cream will really do anything for them, unfortunately (except maybe make you feel better for trying).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJKohio:
    Stretch marks are genetic. You'll either get them or you won't and no amount of cream will really do anything for them, unfortunately (except maybe make you feel better for trying).

This. My mother got stretch marks...she is 55, tiny and you can barely see hers. Yes it's been 27 years since her last baby so of course they should be very faint. She looks fabulous! I did get them, maybe even worse than she got them I'm not sure. With  my first pregnancy I didn't get any until around 34 weeks. I thought I was home free and then I was sadly mistaken.  I used cocoa butter for a bit and then just kinda stopped using anything in particular because I didn't want to spend the money trying to "get rid" of them. When my son was about a year and a half, I became a single mom so I started trying other things from the Mederma for stretch marks and Bio-Oil. I don't really think either helped to make them "go away" but it does make you feel a little better and it's probably all in your head. Give it time and most people won't even see them. Summer of 2010 and 2011 I ran around the beach and pool in a 2-piece and friends (guys and girls) commented on how good I looked. I was a bartender so I did wear skimpy shorts and tops (my stretch marks are mainly on my tummy) and I don't think anyone ever noticed the faint white lines on my stomach. I was even in a lingerie fashion show wearing underwear with my butt cheeks hanging out and corsets and bras and when I saw myself in the photographer's pictures, I saw nothing wrong. If it really bothers you, you can look into laser treatments (I have thought about this as well for future). GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm not trying to get rid of them completely. I know that.... I would just like for them to fade a little. Thanks
  • Options
    imagetamararachel2:

imageJKohio:

This. My mother got stretch marks...she is 55, tiny and you can barely see hers. Yes it's been 27 years since her last baby so of course they should be very faint. She looks fabulous! I did get them, maybe even worse than she got them I'm not sure. With  my first pregnancy I didn't get any until around 34 weeks. I thought I was home free and then I was sadly mistaken.  I used cocoa butter for a bit and then just kinda stopped using anything in particular because I didn't want to spend the money trying to "get rid" of them. When my son was about a year and a half, I became a single mom so I started trying other things from the Mederma for stretch marks and Bio-Oil. I don't really think either helped to make them "go away" but it does make you feel a little better and it's probably all in your head. Give it time and most people won't even see them. Summer of 2010 and 2011 I ran around the beach and pool in a 2-piece and friends (guys and girls) commented on how good I looked. I was a bartender so I did wear skimpy shorts and tops (my stretch marks are mainly on my tummy) and I don't think anyone ever noticed the faint white lines on my stomach. I was even in a lingerie fashion show wearing underwear with my butt cheeks hanging out and corsets and bras and when I saw myself in the photographer's pictures, I saw nothing wrong. If it really bothers you, you can look into laser treatments (I have thought about this as well for future). GL!

Thank You! :D your story sounds alot like mine (the bartending and skimpy modeling)  

• Options
    eav2ceav2c member

>.<

Nothing works miracles. Nothing. I've had laser treatments and while it helped they are still visible. I do have two more rounds though.  

• Options
    eav2ceav2c member
    imagetamararachel2:

imageJKohio:

Just an FYI the laser treatments don't work if your stretch marks have turned white/gray. Most dermatologists wont do it if they have but just a heads up so you don't get taken for as it's pricey. All laser treatments do is make them fade quicker/decrease the red and purpleness/help decreases the puffiness. So, iffy or stretch marks are past that stage the laser isn't worth it. 

• Options
    imageeav2c:
    imagetamararachel2:

imageJKohio:

Just an FYI the laser treatments don't work if your stretch marks have turned white/gray. Most dermatologists wont do it if they have but just a heads up so you don't get taken for as it's pricey. All laser treatments do is make them fade quicker/decrease the red and purpleness/help decreases the puffiness. So, iffy or stretch marks are past that stage the laser isn't worth it. 

Good to know! Thanks! Good thing I'm perfectly ok with mine! 

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Nothing. I had stretch marks with #1, and it took them two years to fade away, but they did. I got them again with #2, DS is 8 months, and they are slowing starting to fade.
  • Options
    My DD is 12 weeks and I feel like the Mederma is helping..... I have stretch marks from growth spurts as a kid and they have all faded so I am hoping these will too, but anything to help the process along!
  • Options

I don't know if you have a Lush Cosmetics near you, but if you do they have "massage bars" which are made out of cocoa butter. Seriously they feel so luxurious and are so moisturizing! 

https://www.lushusa.com/Massage-Bars/massage-bars,en_US,sc.html

My favorites are "Each Peach" and "Therapy"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"