Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

moving to ft worth area Help!

Hello!

Im new to the forum stuff and figured this is the best way to get help :)

Moving in 4 wks to Ft worth area from NY, where exactly not so sure yet! DH is headed out there sat to find us a nice rental while he is stationed at naval air station in ft.worth for next 3 yrs.  We were out there in april to check out neighborhoods and we loved Keller, weren't too fond of Saginaw and didnt get to see much else. What neighborhoods can anyone recommend that is safe and nice?

We have a 6wk old only so not looking for schools but will need a pediatrician and daycare in the area. Also, I'll need a reg. dr and an Ob if anyone can make recommendations.  

Any advice for the move or neighborhoods would be greatly appreciated!!

Alessandra Grace is getting big sooo fast! Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: moving to ft worth area Help!

• We live in Benbrook which is southwest Fort Worth and is very nice, quite, and affordable. Keller is great but very busy and traffic can be a nightmare (especially going to the west side where the NAS is, my husband works at Lockheed). If you want a little more rural Weatherford is about 15 miles west of the NAS and has a bit of country but still all of your normal suburban amenties. I know some great daycares in that area, but the closer you get into the northern suburbs the more expensive they get. You can PM me at nlgraham at sbcglobal dot net if you have any questions, my husband and I have lived in Fort Worth for the past 6 years and have a 3 year old daughter.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I live to far to be too much help on Dr.s and such.  I liked Keller when we were looking around.  It is very family friendly.  If you search, they have very highly regarded parks, one of the best libraries  and community centers with activities for moms and babies. Google the keller pointe.  They have mommy and me classes.  The homes are fairly new and it is safe.  There are other nice areas of fort worth that are new, they are in the Fossil Ridge area.  There is a ton of road construction going on all over Tarrant County, so you can't really avoid that. the TCU area is nice, older homes with a lot of character, but the homes are expensive for the square footage.  The fort worth zoo is wonderful by the way.  You will find so much to do with your little one. We love Southlake and colleyville, but it is expensive for this area, I believe you won't find anything to rent under $3500 or so a month and it is a hike for your hubby. Compared to where you lived that may seem low.  I don't know that much about Saginaw, but it seemed a little underdeveloped when I was in sales and traveled around.  Things may have changed.    You could check north on the other side of the base.  I don't know much about that area, except that there doesn't seem much for a young family.  You could also check around Rigdlea area.  Good luck!  
    Years of trying and treatment, IVF#1 brought us our darling C!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you both!! We have a lot of research ahead of us! :)
    Alessandra Grace is getting big sooo fast! Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We live in Keller and love it. My husband works in Ft Worth and I work in Grapevine so we split the commute. Traffic is bad anywhere in the DFW area. You can't seem to avoid it. We live off of 377 in a new neighborhood and love it. We have been here for 3 years and plan to stay in this area. I go to an OBGYN in Grapevine. Her name is Dr. Carrie Morris and I really like her. My DD goes to Southlake Family Medicine and I really like her pedi Dr. Zwerneman. I used to work at Kindercare in Southlake and thats about the only daycare I know of. My DD stays home with Grandma so no real rec's on that. Good luck on your search!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• **My comment deleted due to personal info and OP not responding.**

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• If you liked Keller you might check out the Alliance corridor or Park Glen - they'd make your husband's commute much easier, and they're still close enough to Keller that you'd feel like you lived there without the terrible traffic on Rufe Snow and 377. Keller is just getting SO crowded, and Alliance is a great happy-medium for now. 
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Keller, Grapevine, North Richland Hills, Trophy Club - all great areas with good schools and family friendly. I am in TC and expecting our first in November. WE are just north of Ft Worth.
  • We are in North Fort Worth off Heritage Trace, very close to Keller...we love it! Very safe area...near I-35, but feels like a suburb, but with city conveniences so close by...Dr. Nicole Wineriter is an awesome pediatrician. Dr. Mickey Hooper is a great OB...good luck to you!

• benbrook is a pretty nice area!!! keller has lots of traffic (i-35 north is always under construction).
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We just moved to Ft. Worth and love it! We're in the Hulen area which is SW Ft. Worth. It is super convenient. EVERYTHING is really close by. I really like my OB. Her name is Laura Bradford. I've heard anyone in her practice is really good. The name of her clinic is 8th Avenue OB I believe. The only thing is that she does 85% of the deliveries herself, which I love but which also means there are lots of delays when you go to see her. If you end up seeing her make sure you call 1/2 hour earlier to see what her schedule's like in order to avoid waiting in the lobby. She was highly recommended by my husband's co-workers both are her patients and one of them is also having a baby. Oh and they're both physicians and I've always had a good experience with drs recommending other drs based on personal vs. professional experience. Good Luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"