School-Aged Children
Options

Backpack...

My SD is going into Kindergarden this year. I have gotten all of her school supplies and her school clothes...except for a backpack.

We are having so much trouble finding a backpack for her. She is 28lbs and 41" tall... all the backpacks SWAMP her. The smallest backpack I could find that actually half-way fits her on her back is too small for all the things she needs in the backpack. The only one that I have found to fit everything she needs goes from her neck to her ankles. If she were to put a heavy book in it, she would topple over!

Does anyone have any suggestions? The backpack that I found that fits her (mostly) is big enough for her school supplies and a book if she were to get something from the teacher or library, but we have to have a baggie with a full set of clothes in it on Wednesdays and every other Friday for when her biomother picks her up. And there is no way I can fit all the supplies and the baggie in there on those days. So then my option is getting her a backpack that is 10x bigger than she is...

does anyone have any suggestions? any smaller sized children having a decent backpack that fits everything?

Note: the only supplies she has to have in her bag is 1 folder (figure about a 1/2 in binder once we put in all the paperwork in the pockets and the "agenda" in the prongs), 1 comp book and her pencil case. Plus any books she takes home. She is only allowed 2 books at a time. Then a baggie of clothes on certain days.

Caitlin~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Backpack...

• Options
    I think the LLBean original junior back pack will work for you.  We use it for my DD she's in preschool, she's 30 lbs, 40 inches tall.  She has a change of clothes, a folder in there everyday, with tons of room left over.  They have great customer service so if it doesn't work you can send back no problem . I just ordered one for my 2 year old too. 
  • Options
    I would I to Lands End with SD and check them out, thy will have different sizes and patterns to find what you need and let her have a say. Or PBK. 
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd check out the "My First Scooter" backpack from Lands End or the Junior Original from LL Bean.
    Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • Options
    LL Bean Junior...DD has carried one since she was 4...she's 8 and it still works!! :)
  • Options
    Old Navy has some smaller backpacks that are still roomy enough for a young kids school supplies. I ordered my kids one each, we haven't used them yet but they're not as big and bulky as the ones they had last year.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    LL Bean. I have been buying backpacks for years, and they stand by them 100 percent.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"