Postpartum Depression

Intro

Hello all-

I'm not sure if this is even the right place to be posting this. I just know that if I do have PPD, I would really appreciate the help and support. 

A little background: DH is Australian, and I moved here from the States to be with him. Our son is a month old and the absolute light of my life. I adore my DH as well, and he's supportive.

I didn't leave the States on great terms. My parents and I were very close (DH would say "clingy") and until I left, we talked all the time and did things together as a family. I went to teach in Korea with DH (my FI at the time) and got pregnant with DS. The pregnancy was uneventful but was also a complete surprise, as I have PCOS and was told that I would never be able to have children. My parents and DH don't get along and never have.

DH and I got married two months ago after being engaged for nearly two years. Our son was born, and my parents came to help me out for the first two weeks of his life the day after he was born. We really reconnected (they've completely embraced being grandparents after not being overly thrilled about it at first, to the point where DH and I have decided that if something happens to us, we want them to raise DS). For my birthday, they gave me 29 years worth of home movies on DVD that my mother had been converting for the last 6 months. I'm going home in October with DS for four months. We moved right after my son was born, and I had him alone for a week.

The problem is that I dont want to get out of bed sometimes. I do, because I have to take care of DS and I know that, but all I want to do is sleep. I cry all the time, and the only things that make me feel better are talking to my mother or cuddling DS. DH is completely lost in the woods because no matter what he tries, I'm unhappy. I can't even try watching the DVDs my mother gave me, because I know that if I do I won't be able to function. I've thought about doing something to myself but I don't want to leave DS.

I don't know if this is PPD or just a completely terrible case of homesickness. The only thing I've been looking forward to is going home. I've got a doctor's appointment this week- but I guess I'm hoping to get some coping techniques from you ladies until then.

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."- Emily Bronte Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro

• I think many times the hormones from having a baby will make an existing problem harder to cope with. It's probably a mixture of both. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I can't imagine being so far away from family. Of course you're having a tough time. Is there a therapist you can set up a visit with?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"