Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

8 months pregnant and flying with 9 month old

Yikes! 

We don't have the money to buy a ticket for him so he'll be on my lap and I'm traveling without my hubby to see family.  Does anyone have any advice or has anyone done this?  I'm taking the stroller to the gate with me but beyond that I'm terrified. 

Help! 

Re: 8 months pregnant and flying with 9 month old

• Options
    Oof. I flew at 8 months pregnant and was beyond uncomfortable. Do you have compression stockings for your legs? If not, GET SOME. As far as having the 9 month old on your lap... I would bring a couple of favorite toys and some new ones that will keep him occupied. I've flown with DS several times (first time at 5 weeks) and 9 months was when it got pretty tough to keep him from wanting to be everywhere but on my lap. Have you asked about discounted fares for infants in car seats? Good luck!

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a BOY!

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    I would also make sure to bring some tylenol or ibuprofen for your little one because some times the change in altitude can hurt their ears. And his/her favorite snack to use as distraction in case he hates the plane ride. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What airline are you flying with? I've flown about 5-6 times with DS. I always fly Southwest and I bring DS's carseat with me to the gate and I just ask the desk staff right before we board if there will be room for me to bring the carseat on board. I have never been turned down and DS has always gotten his own seat (for free!)
         Lilypie - (2Lt7)      Lilypie - (WFOL)

Jonah Stephen born at 39w on 11/3/2011                Naomi Isabel born at 37w 5d on 5/27/2013
  • Options

imagecaffrin:
    What airline are you flying with? I've flown about 5-6 times with DS. I always fly Southwest and I bring DS's carseat with me to the gate and I just ask the desk staff right before we board if there will be room for me to bring the carseat on board. I have never been turned down and DS has always gotten his own seat (for free!)

Yes try this. Also, can you pick your seat? Try to find a seat towards the back near the bathroom. Another idea, pick up a few new toys and give them to your little one on the plane. New toys are always exciting. Bring favorite snacks, portable DVD player if you have one, anything to entertain. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"