January 2013 Moms

Cute gender reveal ideas?

We go for our a/s next Monday (yay!) and I'm looking for something cute and simple I can take with us to take a picture with afterwards to send to friends and family. I was thinking one pink and one blue balloon or something like that but I'm not sure on that. Any ideas?

Jacob, 1/14/13

Re: Cute gender reveal ideas?

• I saw a really cute photo (maybe in someone's siggy somewhere on TB?) where the MTB was standing in profile and was just wearing a white shirt with a blue or pink ribbon tied around her belly. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagesesigs:
    I saw a really cute photo (maybe in someone's siggy somewhere on TB?) where the MTB was standing in profile and was just wearing a white shirt with a blue or pink ribbon tied around her belly. 

Totally doing this for my FB announcment lol it's super cute

but as far as me and DH we're asking the tech to put the gender in an envelope and we're going to take it to a bakery and have a small cake made so we can find out with my mom, dad, and sister. :) then after we find out i'll do the ribbon hehe that's just too cute!

I said, "Oh my, what a marvelous tune" It was the best night, never would forget how we moved. The whole place was dressed to the nines, And we were dancing, dancing Like we're made of starlight Like we're made of starlight. ~TS AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • We did 3 pics. One in my siggy. One holding a big it's a girl sucker. And one kissing behind a pink ballon. Before we went to our a/sI posted a pic of a pink and blue balloon together that said "what will Sweet Pea be?" then posted thd one with us kissing behind the pink one after we left the A/S. Everyone like it. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Thanks for the ideas y'all. We were going to do the cake thing but SO and I are going to find out first and have a little time to be the only ones that know.  

MrsCurtis, where did you get your sucker at? I'm having a total brain fart and have no idea where to look for them.  

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • I am a huge dog person, and my pit bull is my first "baby".  So we definitely wanted to include him in the reveal photo.  So we got him a blue bandana, and tied baby blue balloons to his collar and put a football and baseball mit next to him, the caption read "Reaps can not wait for his new fetch partner"....

BFP#1 -3/18/12- M/C 3/31/12,
    BFP#2 -4/25/12, Beta#1 17dpo= 800, Beta#2 20dpo= 3800, Ethan James born 1-5-13

BFP#3- February 2015- natural miscarriage

BFP#4- June 2015- Ruptured ectopic, severe hemorrhage and loss of left tube on 7/10/2015

BFP#5- 12/18/15

• imageMelissaRae1525:

Thanks for the ideas y'all. We were going to do the cake thing but SO and I are going to find out first and have a little time to be the only ones that know.  

MrsCurtis, where did you get your sucker at? I'm having a total brain fart and have no idea where to look for them.  

A candy store. You could prob pic up a sticker at a party supply store too.  

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I read this one on another site and loved it...

They bought a bunch of bananas and wrote on one (on the inside of the bunch) "it's a ____". They put them in the fruit bowl at their parent's house and left the topic alone. Whenever the grandparents would ask if they'd tell them, they kept saying "oh, I bet it's driving you bananas". They eventually knew that it had something to do with the bananas and found out that way.

My husband and I can't possibly wait that long to tell my mom, so we will do a variation of that.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We find out Tuesday.  This is how we will do it:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014
  • We find out the gender Aug. 22nd and my family is throwing us a shower Sept. 8th. My sisters decided to make the shower a "Pink or Blue" theme with the guests choosing it they're team pink or blue when they come in with pins and then it'll be decorated half pink and half blue.

The big gender reveal will be the first gift I open. It will be a big box full of helium balloons (either pink or blue) so when I open it, everyone will know. 

We got the idea from pinterest: https://media-cache-ec5.pinterest.com/upload/272116002455068108_lNUQ2lDq_f.jpg

• imagechance_encounters:

We find out Tuesday.  This is how we will do it:

this is awesome!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think we are going to get custom candy bar wrappers made with a sonogram picture and "it's a (insert gender here)" written on them! Then give one to each of our family members. :)
  • Ok, so mine was a bit more complicated (i was inspired by pinterest), but i wanted to share it anyway. I live far from family, and they were to be up visiting for my graduation from grad school, i had to do something a little crazy. looking back now, i have no idea where i got the time to do this, but it was OH so much fun! i hand made "party poppers" out of toilet paper rolls. 6 with blue confetti & 6 with pink confetti. the outside of all 12 were wrapped in black. I knew which were pink & which were blue. the night before our appointment, i hung them all (in the basement, to somewhat contain the mess). When we found out the gender, we came home to reveal. everyone met down in the basement, and on the count of 3, POP! out came the pink confetti. of course, i recorded it. the woman in the back is my mother, this will be here first grand daughter. my nephews are in the vid as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85ChLKfsgVI&list=FLrXIebOFJfIrClv32NV_-3g&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Here is a picture of the poppers, pre-pop.

imageimage
  • I saw a cute and simple picture that I'm thinking of doing. Its a pic of the MTB laying down and just a shot of her belly with baby blocks spelling "boy" or "girl" laying across it.
  • We ( my husband and I) have decided to purchase a footprint stamp ( and three colors of ink - yellow, green and the gender color ( pink or blue) and stamp cards that will be handed to the family ( within a week's time) to let them communicate amongst themselves to discover which (one card) has the correct color foot print ( either pink or blue we haven't found out yet).

There are 10 cards to be handed out in the family and 9 cards will be stamped either yellow or green and the 10th will have the "correct" color. Their "job" will be to contact each other to see who has the correct color. The person that gets the correct color ( we already talked to ) promises not to do any calling but wait for phone calls. Also the rest of the family has agreed to not call each other once they find out but rather contact myself or my husband for "the prize" which is a $25 gift card to their fav. restaurant.

Most people may think this is very "time consuming" but our family enjoys the thrill of things like scavanger hunts and such. We find out the sex Aug 31st ( on my 20th week) so that should be a neat Labor Day find!

1st but not last one! SO EXCITED!!! James 1:17 2 Cor. 5:17
  • imageLas135:
    I am a huge dog person, and my pit bull is my first "baby".  So we definitely wanted to include him in the reveal photo.  So we got him a blue bandana, and tied baby blue balloons to his collar and put a football and baseball mit next to him, the caption read "Reaps can not wait for his new fetch partner"....
    This is so cute! I wish my dogs would cooperate to do this but I think they would be trying to get the balloons, lol :-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker}

Lots of love TBBFF lobosabby!! Always rooting for the TTGP girls

My Chart

• What a cute idea!! I'm going to borrow this one :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"