Birth Stories
Options

Water broke at What to Expect movie! - Connor Ryan's Birth Story

DH and I felt like getting in one more date before baby came so on Thursday night I drug him out to see What to Expect. (I won't ruin it for anyone but I will say that I expected it be a lot funnier!). Well, about halfway through around 8 o clock, I felt a slight gush of water that I knew was a bit different from peeing myself. I excused myself and went to the bathroom and called DH to come out of the theater since I was able to indeed confirm that my water had broken. We called my midwife and we both agreed to leave our houses at 9 since I had to go straight to the hospital for antibiotics.

Got to the hospital around 9:30pm, I wasn't feeling any contractions yet. We checked into our room, I was hooked up to the IV and monitor while having a powwow with my midwife and then DH and I decided to try and sleep. Easier said then done... I could not get comfortable and by 10:30pm I realized that I was no longer feeling Braxton Hicks contractions, these ones were real. I called to get unhooked from the monitors and started walking around the room. Contractions were coming about every 5-7 minutes or so and lasted for about 1 minute, each one felt a little more intense than the last. Around 1130pm, DH was up with me and I used him as a support during each contraction. We sat down, stood up, leaned on the bed, tried the birth ball, labored on the toilet and around 130ish I turn the shower on and got in leaning on DH as contractions hit.

As the nurse came into check on us, DH informed her that my contractions were coming closer and closer together and seemed to be about one minute apart. She called in my midwife and around 2:30am I left the shower and got into bed for my second round of antibiotics.My midwife checked me for the first time because she had checked me Wednesday morning at my weekly appointment. (I was 3cm then.) I remember her saying "8 to 9! No wait, 7cm." I tried to get up and lean on the bed but it didn't feel right so I went right back in bed. DH stayed with me, applying pressure to my back through contractions and by 3am I felt like I had to push. DH called to my midwife who said "okay!" as she came through the door.  She took a seat at the end of my bed.  (I remember thinking that she looked so relaxed, like she was watching a movie.)  I started to push.

Pushing felt good as long as I timed it well with the contractions. I felt like I was finally doing something which gave me a lot of purpose and momentum. I remember thinking to myself that I was happy to be where I was. In the moment I couldn't imagine who would not want to have that feeling. Encouraging words from my team also kept me going and really helped to let me know where we all were in the process.

At 4:10am, my midwife told me to look and see me baby. I opened my eyes for the first time while pushing, saw my baby and instinctively reached down. I, the girl who cringed at the thought of having a mirror or of touching my baby's head when he was still inside me, grabbed my baby and pulled him out of me to place him onto my chest. The world continued to spin around me as DH announced that it was a boy, the cord was cut, and the placenta delivered. Connor Ryan was healthy, happy, and here!

I want to include a shout out to my birth team, without whom I know I wouldn't have had the birth I had. My plan actually went through as planned, minus having to get the antibiotics but I'm glad for it since it got me to the hospital sooner. My (first ever!) labor was only 8 hours from my water breaking to Connor's birth and I think that I had labored at home, the thirty minute car ride would have been agonizing for me. Everything happens for a reason! KUDOS to my husband, my midwife, and my nurse who all stuck by me and supported me, making Connor's birth the best birth experience it could be!

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                     BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
      BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                               BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

Re: Water broke at What to Expect movie! - Connor Ryan's Birth Story

• Options
    Awesome story and Love the name, I have a Connor too.
  • Options
    Congratulations! What a great story too, about your water breaking!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~Big Sister (3) and Big Brother (5)~

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    eebaehreebaehr member

Congrats!  What a fun story :)

• Options
    Congrats on your amazing birth and healthy boy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options
    Congratulations, what a great story to share!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats! I love how your water broke at that movie! Too funny!

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Options

Congratulations on a happy birth! 

• Options
    Congrats! What a great story you'll be able to tell Connor!
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • Options
    Did you get to finish the movie? Congrats!!
  • Options
    What great timing! Congratulations!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"