Parenting after 35
Options

Now I feel old

I didn't feel old as a first-time bride at age 38 or a first-time mom at 39.  I was OK with turning 40 and then 41.  But now, at 42, I feel old.

I need bifocals.

I don't know why this upsets me when having completely gray hair (dyed back to my original dark brown) and love handles does not. But I feel old. I can't get LASIK because I have dry eyes and cornea issues so I have to wear glasses (and have since I was 10) more than contacts.

Bifocals.

Yeah, I know it's not the end of the world... but ugh.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!

Re: Now I feel old

• Options
    smerkasmerka member

If it makes you feel better, I've been told I need bifocals for years.  I actually wore them for a couple years when I was a kid and grew out of them when I was 14 so I could get contacts.  

My hip has been bothering me since having kids.  That makes me feel old. 

• Options
    Embrace it!  Get yourself some of those old lady chain thingys so you can hang them around your neck!!!!!    Sexsay!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    steverstever member

No

My big thing was realizing that when I got my hair dyed earlier this month, for the first time in a year, that it was the first time I NEEDED to get my hair dyed.

Yeah, that sucked.

• Options
    I feel old too... I feel like I've become a frumpy mess. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    mwdmwd member
    When I was told I needed bifocals, it really struck me too.  Honestly, you'll love them after you get them, and you don't have to tell anyone, as most look invisible. And we won't tell anyone. Promise. If it really bothers you, then spend more money on the frames that you absolutely love. 
  • Options

imageBrideBuddies:
    Embrace it!  Get yourself some of those old lady chain thingys so you can hang them around your neck!!!!!    Sexsay!

aaahh hahahahaha Love it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I started going grey in my teens! I've HAD to color since my 20s. I don't think anything will make me feel old. Except the time my daughter said, "Mom! You're not old! 30 is old." My 30th birthday was the following week.
  • Options
    imagestever:

No

My big thing was realizing that when I got my hair dyed earlier this month, for the first time in a year, that it was the first time I NEEDED to get my hair dyed.

Yeah, that sucked.

This.  Getting my first gray hair really freaked me out for some reason. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Options

Yeah, I've dyed my hair since my late 20s... I am pretty much white not gray under my brown. lol

And LOL Bride Buddies!!

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options

Robyn, I may need them in the next year or so. I already have to lift my glasses up to read fine print. It sux!!

• Options
    I've always wanted glasses. Get the chain. You'll look awesome, not old :)
  • Options
    Old is when you can't get out of bed, chair, sofa without moaning about how much your back hurts.  I sound just like my mother does.  I feel so old as well.  I guess I'll just embrace my aches and pains.  At least I know I'm still alive if I ache. Haha.
  • Options
    I feel you!  I was a bride at 37 and a FTM at 38.  I have had grey in my hair since I was in my teens but lately its worse, compounded by the fact with an 11 month old I never have time to color it anymore.  I was 32 when I had ALSA or LASEK which is for chronic dry eyes, it worked wonders and I have 20/15 vision but the doc told me before he did the surgery "We can correct your astigmatism but in a few year when you need reading glasses we can't fix that"  :(

Pregnancy%20ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"