January 2012 Moms
Options

Hi Ladies!

Hello!

I am back and I missed you all so much. The past month has had every emotion you could think of. I will start with the beginning of the month. I took Brooke and Ellie to their 6 month appointment and right away I knew something was up with both of them. Doctor's weighed them B-15lbs 8oz and E was 14lbs 1oz. Both great weights. Then they had to do all of Ellie's diabetes stuff and her BGL were very high and she had ketones in your pee so they wanted to hospitalize her. Then they did Brooke just to make sure all was good and it wasn't. Brooke had the same the as Ellie and she had a fever as well. So 2 hospitalized 6 month olds and 2 parents that had not a clue in the world what to do. We were not told if Brooke did or didn't have diabetes until the next day. Brooke was diagnosed with type 1 juvenile diabetes exactly 6 months and 1 day after her identical twin sister was. Both of my girls have type 1 diabetes. They are 7 months old and will have this forever. I still have not wrapped my head around this and today marks 1 month. Both girls have been so strong which is made this easier on not only me and DH but on everyone else too. Ellie was released the 12th and Brooke was released on the 22nd. Also Carly turned 3 on the 23rd and she had a wonderful birthday party. I hope all of you are doing great. Thanks for everything ladies. It means a lot to me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sammi

**Notice anything new in my siggy?**

Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!

Re: Hi Ladies!

• Options

HI!!

Oh my goodness, that is a lot to deal with! But you are a very strong family and I'm happy to hear that your ADORABLE baby girls are fighters and are not letting this get to them. Just look at that picture, such happy little peanuts!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

OMG! The siggy didn't show anything the first time I looked at your post. Now I see... CONGRATS!! :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You are one hell of a strong momma! Congrats!!! #5!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

WOW that is a lot!!! I am kinda new so I don't remember you from before, but I am amazed at you and am also so happy for your growing family!

eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
  • Options

I'm sorry about Brooke's diagnosis, but Congrats!!! ut took me a minute to find it. That's wonderful news!

• Options
    Thanks everyone! We are thrilled!
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • Options
    So sorry to hear about B. Crazy awesome news in hour siggy. It's amazing what God can do to help you deal with things. Hope you have a healthy pregnancy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    So sorry that life threw you this curve ball with Brooke's diagnosis, but I'm so happy for you that you got some good news and the blessing of another life coming soon. You are a strong woman and your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"