May 2011 Moms
Options

Are you still BFing?

I see no end in sight. Some days I'm ready to be done some not so much. Mainly because DS seems to have a sensitivity to WCM so I'm still on demand. I'm on the don't offer don't refuse plan. Yesterday DS seemed to be cluster feeding and had not much of an appetite for food (he is a good eater typically) is that normal? It's funny to nurse a toddler though, he tries to do head stands, ninja kicks, somersaults and all while latched on! So what about you? How long will you BF? How many times a day do you now?

Re: Are you still BFing?

• Options
    Yep! We're ranging from 3-5 times a day now. I, too, do not see an end in sight which I am okay with... for now ;) 

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • Options

I am just BF'ing before bed now. I would be in no rush to stop this, but my goal is to be done by August because I will probably be traveling for work at that point.

13 month old babies should be able to eat normal meals and more than 4 BM feedings are probably not necessary. Have you tried offering water in a sippie?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are still going strong and dont plan on stoping. Wyatt takes a sippy with WCM if I am not home but if I am with him we nurse. And up until last week I was still pumping during the day at work.
  • Options
    imageoooCarrieB:

I am just BF'ing before bed now. I would be in no rush to stop this, but my goal is to be done by August because I will probably be traveling for work at that point.

13 month old babies should be able to eat normal meals and more than 4 BM feedings are probably not necessary. Have you tried offering water in a sippie?

Feedings are by choice, by both of us, rather than necessity.  

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    We are but just once a day in the evening and I'm planning to let him decide when to stop. We had a rough start, he started with the bottle, due to low blood sugar, so it took a few months to get him to figure out the easier way for me! I was pumping for the first few months till he figured it out.
  • Options

We're still BFing here. DS is down to nursing before bed, during the night and early morning. I'm hoping to have him completely weaned soon since I still haven't had a PP period and DH and I are hoping to start TTC in August or September. 

I think I will be a little sad to wean but I think DS and I are ready. 

• Options
    je2161je2161 member

Yep, we're still breastfeeding about 3 times during the day. I love the connection we get from breastfeeding, but honestly, breastfeeding a toddler is nothing like breastfeeding an infant. Between the gymnastics (wiggling and kicking all around) and the talking (she literally pulled off the other day, said "Elmo", and latched back on, lol), it's quite different from BFing that newborn who would fall alseep while nursing.

Also, I haven't been back here in quite a while. It's great to see all the adorable babies growing up! :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Yep, still going here and don't know when we're going to stop.  It's been a "let's meet this milestone first" kind of thing for us.  She'll drink from a sippy cup, so I'm trying to ditch the day time bottles in favor of the cup at dc, but when we're together she nurses on demand.  And eats her meals really well too.
  • Options
    We still are as well. 4 times during the day (morning, before 1st nap, before 2nd nap, and before bed) then usually once during the night. I quite enjoy it, but I think my supply is waning. So I may have to wean her soon. My LO gets frustrated a lot and acts like she isn't getting enough. Sometimes I bring a couple ounces of WCM with me to put her down to sleep although she didn't like it at first. But the last time she drank it all and then went off to sleep. During meals she uses a cup with water though and isn't really interested in BFing outside of those times.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We just weaned a week ago.  We went from going right back to 3-5 times a day my first week home from work I thought it was going to be a bad sign, but the next week she moved back to morning and night and then the next week it was just mornings and then we went camping and she stopped.  It was a perfect ending for both of us. ;)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    MrsD1MrsD1 member

We are. She nurses 5-6 times a day.

We have no plans to wean any time soon, considering she loves to sign "milk" and can unhook my nursing bra now.

• Options

oh yea! work days he nurses when I get home to him, and throughout the rest of the evening...i'd say about 3-5 times and then we nurse to sleep all evenings. 

weekends & days i am with him, we can go 6-8 hours before he will need to nurse :) no end in sight & it's fine by me! I love our bonding time & love looking at his face while he nurses. it just calms me :)  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"