Military Families

Ft Sill

Hey ladies. Anyone out there have a baby while stationed at Ft Sill? I am currently being seen off base and am trying to decide if I should stay off base or transfer on. Any stories, input,or suggestions?

TIA! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Ft Sill

• Hi my sister and brother in law are stationed at Ft Sill they say the Drs on base are great , my friend here at Ft Gordon just came from Ft Sill and she had her baby onbase and said they are great that the whole med sroup there is great ... I hope i was on some help ..
  • Thanks for your response! How long ago did they have the babies?
  • Loading the player...
  • Kaylee just turned 2 . Her mom my friend had alot of med probs and she said they took such good care of her for everything @ Ft Sill .How do you like Ft. Sill ? We are at Ft. Gordon , i love it but thats cuz im from the south . Dh is from the north and wants to go some places not so hot lol .
  • imageSARANKEITH12:
    Kaylee just turned 2 . Her mom my friend had alot of med probs and she said they took such good care of her for everything @ Ft Sill .How do you like Ft. Sill ? We are at Ft. Gordon , i love it but thats cuz im from the south . Dh is from the north and wants to go some places not so hot lol .

Lol, then don't come to Ft Sill!!! Summer here is like living on the sun! I'm from the south east so I'm not a big fan of living in OK. We refuse to fly with two small children...third one on the way...so it's a two day drive to get back to GA. Needless to say we haven't been there in the last two years.

However, while it's not my speed I can say some positive things. The base is very family friendly. It seems like there's always something going on and 9 times out of 10 it's usually free! For example Brad Paisley's coming here on wednesday and giving a free concert!  

Goodluck with your next move and thanks or the input on ft sill! 

• My cousin had alla 3 of her kids there at Reynolds.  She was very happy with everyting.  The staff she said was great.  Her kids are 3, 5, and 7
    April 10 IUI BFN Sept 10 IUI BRN Feb 11 IVF hoping for a BFP! Feb 27 ER 28 eggs Mar 4 8 health eggs, 2 ET Mar 17 - Beta 180!! BFP!!! Mar 21 - Beta 1295!! holy cow what a jump Coming soon 1st Sono March 30!!! Crossing fingers for healthy stick bean(s) Mar 29 miscarry :( 6w 3d 2nd IVF July 2011 BFP July 2011 M/C 11/11/11 hate to say good bye again! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 3rd IVF 4/3/12 ER 46 eggs (holly cow batman) 40 mature, 36 fertilized 4/8/12 ET 2 AB put back 4/10/12 15 make it to FREEZE 4/22/12 Beta BFN 1st FET 6/7/12 Day we are going to put back 2. 6/21/12 BFP 1285 6/25/12 4780 I hope this time they stick!! Deaglan William welcome. My rainbow is finally here February 7, 2013
  • imagekrissywave:
    My cousin had alla 3 of her kids there at Reynolds.  She was very happy with everyting.  The staff she said was great.  Her kids are 3, 5, and 7

Thanks for the advise! 

• imageLexiLupin:

I'm going to lurk onto this thread...

Just got my BFP today and we're here at Sill, too. I've really liked the med staff in the general family clinic, so here's to hoping that the OB staff is just as awesome at Reynolds. :-) Sounds like a lot of people have had great experiences with them though.

EllaJax, did you decide to stay off post, or transfer on?

Welcome to Ft Sill!

I decided to stay off post for a variety of reasons...all personal. The decision had ZERO to do with quality of care at Reynolds. I have heard NOTHING but good things about Reynolds. Ultimately for me it boiled down to a couple of reasons. I don't feel comfortable with a male ob. Totally a personal opinion! Also, I do know a few people who work in the ob office and that to made me uncomfortable. I didn't want to make small talk at a wives coffee with someone who is familiar with my lady parts! Lol! 

Congrats on your pregnancy and good luck with your decision! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"