Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

XP: High FSH and DOR?

I'm posting this hoping that some of you ladies can offer experience or opinions (ie does this make sense to you? Should I really be this worried?).  I just got home from a follow-up visit at my OB's office to discuss all of my blood work and ultrasound results.  My Dr was gone due to an emergency C-Section so I met with the NP that I really like.  She explained that my hormone levels (FSH is 9.3, LH 8.1, AMH 2.3) are very concerning due to my age and they think I have diminished ovarian reserve.  I was planning on trying with DH until December and then would meet with the RE if we didn't get pregnant, the NP said they don't feel comfortable with us waiting that long to visit the RE. She explained that there is no time to waste, unless I am open to the idea of donor eggs in the future.

So needless to say... I am freaking out! I am only 26 and didn't think that my ovarian reserve would ever be an issue.  I just called the RE's office and was able to get in tomorrow morning due to a cancellation. Thanks in advance for any input.  This has been a pretty crappy day :(

**BFP 6/2/2015
Toddler Boy 5/24/2013

Re: XP: High FSH and DOR?

• Options

Another reason why OB/GYNs (and those in their offices) aren't the people to go to!

9.3 is below the general "10 is high" cut off and your AMH is within satisfactory fertility. 

https://www.drmalpani.com/amh.htm

Also, what cycle day were your tests done on?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageKdgTeacher:

Another reason why OB/GYNs (and those in their offices) aren't the people to go to!

9.3 is below the general "10 is high" cut off and your AMH is within satisfactory fertility. 

https://www.drmalpani.com/amh.htm

Also, what cycle day were your tests done on?

The tests were done on CD3.  I was hoping that some of you ladies with more experience could 'talk me off the ledge' sort of speak.  She said they were primarily concerned because of my age (they would want my FSH to be much lower apparently).  I have an appointment with the RE tomorrow morning, hopefully he'll have a different opinion than my OB.  As always, thanks for the help :)

**BFP 6/2/2015
    Toddler Boy 5/24/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just tunred 27 and I've been with an RE for a little over a year.  In that time I had 1 cycle that my FSH came back high, and by that it was 10.3 and his cut-off is 10.  My RE made me stop treatment for that month and undergo some further testing (blood).  Since then, in Dec 2011, my FSH has never been high again. 

Even with that 1 slightly elevated level it didn't change my treatment plan or anything.  The FSH is one small small piece of the puzzle and it isn't really even the best piece. 

• Options
    I agree with kdg. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions. What day of your cycle was this drawn? This can also play a role in this. 
  • Options

imagelarhun3:
    I agree with kdg. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions. What day of your cycle was this drawn? This can also play a role in this. 

My BW was done on CD3.  I feel like I was bombarded with worst case scenarios, none of these conclusions were mine (or from Dr. Google lol)

**BFP 6/2/2015
    Toddler Boy 5/24/2013
  • Options
    imageKdgTeacher:

I just tunred 27 and I've been with an RE for a little over a year.  In that time I had 1 cycle that my FSH came back high, and by that it was 10.3 and his cut-off is 10.  My RE made me stop treatment for that month and undergo some further testing (blood).  Since then, in Dec 2011, my FSH has never been high again. 

Even with that 1 slightly elevated level it didn't change my treatment plan or anything.  The FSH is one small small piece of the puzzle and it isn't really even the best piece. 

Thanks for sharing your experience.  I am looking forward to meeting with the RE tomorrow, hopefully he will have a more positive outlook :) 

**BFP 6/2/2015
    Toddler Boy 5/24/2013
  • Options

I don't have much to offer but wanted to tell you good luck tomorrow at the RE. I hope you get some answers you are looking for!

You are in my T&P's!

lots of <3 to my TBBFF Sothernpeach80 - BABY ETHAN IS HERE! 02.04.13 <3

TTC #1 since Jan 2012

BFP #1 07/27/12 - EDD 04/07/13; C/P on 07/31/12

BFP #2 10/11/12 - EDD 06/24/13; Blighted Ovum; D&C 11/30/12

BFP #3 03/10/13 - EDD 11/17/13 - PLEASE BE OUR TAKE HOME BABY!

Beta #1 - 95.8 (12DPO); Beta #2 - 502 (15DPO); Beta #3 - 2003 (18DPO)

First U/S showed one beautiful baby measuring 7w1d with a HR of 148!!! Second U/S showed baby measuring 9w0d with a HR of 173!!!

My Ugly BFP Chart

“I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much." -Mother Teresa

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagelobosabby:

I don't have much to offer but wanted to tell you good luck tomorrow at the RE. I hope you get some answers you are looking for!

You are in my T&P's!

Thanks Lobo, you're in my T&Ps too!  

**BFP 6/2/2015
    Toddler Boy 5/24/2013
  • Options

My FSH is high also.  There is a great book called Inconceiveable that gave me alot of hope. It was written by a woman who conceived naturally with an FSh of 42.  The follow up book The Fertile Female was amazing.  Whenever I feel down, I reread a chapter.  It's really helped me.  Wishing you the best.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"