New Jersey Babies

Sesame Place vs. Six Flags Great Adventure

I'm hoping you ladies can help me out..I'm trying to decide which park would be better to buy a season pass at for next year.  My oldest DD will be turning 4 in October and DD#2 just turned one.  I was going to get season passes to Sesame Place for DD#1 and myself (Dd2 would still be free) for next year (if I get it now I get the rest of this season as well as next season) but am not sure if she would get bored going there since it's a smaller park (from what I'm told).  On the other hand, I don't think Great Adventure has a ton of rides and things for such young children.  Has anyone been to both and which would you recommend?  Distance wise, Sesame Place is about an hour - hour 15 mintues from me and Great Adventure is about 40-45 minutes.  Thanks in advance for any insight.

Re: Sesame Place vs. Six Flags Great Adventure

• I would definitely suggest Sesame Place over Six Flags.  I don't have children of my own yet (pregnant with my first now!) but my cousins both have kids (ages 1 and 3) and they both have season passes for Sesame Place.  Apparently in recent years Sesame Place has expanded significantly to include more rides for older kids, but is still focused on children.  Six Flags has much more limited options for kids and the whole atmosphere is less family-friendly (think rude teenagers everywhere).  A couple other options - Dutchwonderland is a great park that's primarily for younger children.  Dorney Park is fantasic and has a really nice kiddie land but also roller coasters and other adult rides for as the kids get older.  And Hershey Park has a nice mix of children's rides and adult rides as well as the chocolate factory, which I personally loved as a kid.

Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"