September 2012 Moms

Raw and sore (TMI, but I need your help!)

I am apologizing in advance for the TMI in this post.  I have been wearing panty liners nearly every day for quite some time now.  They have completely rubbed me raw down there.  I made the mistake of viewing it through a hand mirror and cringed in horror.  I am going to Target today, and I was wondering what I should get to help with the discomfort and healing? It pains me to even walk, and I've kept the panty liners off today but I am going to need to put them back on again at some point.  TIA for any and all suggestions.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2.0 is on the way! EDD: 2/24/15
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Raw and sore (TMI, but I need your help!)

• I'll be stalking this post bc I've had a similar experience. Way beyond uncomfortable.

• imagemelody921:
    I'll be stalking this post bc I've had a similar experience. Way beyond uncomfortable.

While I hate to hear that you are experiencing the same discomfort, it is comforting for me to read that I am not the only one with a sore and ugly vagina right now.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh no!  My doctor suggested just changing underwear a few times a day vs panty liners.  Wear cotton underwear - nothing synthetic - because it does the best to keep moisture away. 

I don't see why the Tucks spray wouldn't work right now though - I know after birth I want it in an industrial size!  haha.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Have you thought about getting Poise pads instead?  I know those are built more like traditional pads with wings, so they lay a little flatter.

Also, to sooth the ouch factor, can you use some triple antibiotic? 

Good luck!!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• imageManx4:

Oh no!  My doctor suggested just changing underwear a few times a day vs panty liners.  Wear cotton underwear - nothing synthetic - because it does the best to keep moisture away. 

I don't see why the Tucks spray wouldn't work right now though - I know after birth I want it in an industrial size!  haha.  

Oh wow.  Well, I've been meaning to buy new underwear since the ones I have are either too tight or just uncomfortable these days.  So, I will definitely buy some new underwear today.  Now I need to know if there is a cream or powder I can put on to help in healing!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am dealing with the same thing.... I changed panty liners to the Always stay dry ones hoping that would help.... it didn't.  I just try to "free ball" when around the house.  I have also gotten to the point where after every shower I just lay on the bed spread eagle and make sure I am extra dry down there. 
    Employed by the Toddler Tyrant named G!
  • imagebvandalsen:

Have you tried Gold bond powder? I use it for chaffing....

I haven't, but I am not opposed to giving it a try.  Will add it to my shopping list now!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Vagisil has a bunch of products.  They have a feminine moisturizer.  Maybe you can put a little where you are raw and sore.  I don't think I would use the powder, because it would think it would dry you up more.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Same here...BUT call your doctor's office because my doctor said I could not use ANYTHING down there as far as a powder or lotion to help with the chaffing. So be careful and give your doctor a call before you use anything.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • have you tried different brands? some pads do this to me as well, but not all of them. 

I agree, "free ball" as much as possible when home.  cotton undies are best, not too tight to restrict the area.

be careful of a yeast infection with all that moisture though! 

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • I haven't had this experience while I was pregnant but when I had periods I wore pads and they always rubbed me raw. Come to find out I was allergic to the new pads I had bought and had to switch to a different kind and that did the trick.
  • imageManx4:

Oh no!  My doctor suggested just changing underwear a few times a day vs panty liners.  Wear cotton underwear - nothing synthetic - because it does the best to keep moisture away. 

This! I don't wear them  

• I had a similar situation. I used A&D Ointment until it healed. I also switched to looser cotton underwear. The Hanes Comfort soft are great because they don?t have tight elastic that can cut in. Good Luck  
     <3 
  • I went to Target and bought Hanes boyshorts in cotton and went a size up.  They're a little loose but it keeps the pantiliners from rubbing me down there.  So far, it's working like a charm!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had this issue when the temperature was really high and the doctor gave me samples of Alcortin A Gel.  It did wonders and I felt better even after the first application.

• I have had the same problem and stopped using them. I used A&D ointment and it cleared right up.
  • I had the same thing happen to me. I just stopped using the panty liners and got underwear that were a larger size. No problems anymore!
  • A&D ointment is amazing. I use it for everything from sore vag relief to chap stick.
    ~The Bumpie formerly known as SpartyMom2B~

• I've decided that coconut oil cures everything...
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Thank you, ladies! I appreciate all of the suggestions. I am "free balling" it around the house and that has provided some relief. Will definitely ask my doctor at the next appointment what creams are good to use!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wear & change panty liners all throughout the day & have not had this issue. I however have the issue of getting frequent UTI's. The no undies thing really works! It's relieving! I would give that a try, and the tucks pads recommended after delivery are also good as they have a pain relieving effect to them! Hope you feel better! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"