Single Parents
Options

Mommy without Daddy :(

Well, i was recommended to this place, hoping i can find other mom's out there, who has lost the father of their child. My husband actually passed away July 22nd, 2012 and i found out i was pregnant, July 28th, 2012. I am full of mixed emotions... I am 23 yrs old and he was 20yrs old. I was hoping to connect with other mothers on here. Any advice on how to cope without the stress??

Re: Mommy without Daddy :(

• Options
    I can't say that I know how to deal with losing a spouse, but I am so very sorry for your loss.  I can say that I know how to deal with being a single mom.  It's a hard prospect, but if you have a great support system in your family and friends, you'll be starting off on the right foot.  It's not an easy road to take, but I'm sure that you're going to be strong enough to make it through.  
  • Options

I am so sorry for your loss :(

I am a single mom but not due to loss. Surround yourself with family and friends. And if you are feeling stressed or depressed please talk to your OB. Both are bad for you and your baby. There are things you can take if you need them. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you.... I dont know what i would do without my family....ever since last week, they have been there for me. I feel sad, but happy...and i cant take both emotions away for the other...their mixed, and its really hard.
  • Options

Hi pnutsgirl8,

I'm so sorry that you are experiencing such sadness with the loss of your husband.  What a tragic thing for you to go through. I can sure understand the conflicting emotions of sadness and yet, joy to have a new life forming inside of you. I'm praying for you. You mentioned having a wonderful support system with your family...that is a true blessing and I'm glad for you. If you ever think you might want to talk to a professional therapist...you might consider calling 1-855-771-4357. These are licensed Christian counselors at Focus on the Family and the consult over the phone is free.  Just a thought.  Give yourself time to grieve and allow yourself to be happy too.

"Hugs" 

• Options
    I am so very sorry.for your loss. My husband was killed in a motorcycle accident last year, so I know what it is to lose a spouse. If you want to talk, please feel free to pm me. Again, I am so very sorry.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"