Minnesota Babies
Options

Maternity bras?

Ok, ladies...

I need bra recommendations.  Eek.  Do stores like JcPenny carry them?

Thanks!!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Maternity bras?

• Options
    For maternity, I just bought some wireless bras from kohls. I needed a wider band. If you're looking for a nursing bra I would wait to get most of them until your milk is in and regulated. I just bought some nursing sleep bras and tanks at target and motherhood for the first weeks postpartum. I ordered a bravado body silk nursing bra on amazon for out of the house. Then I went to get fitted at nordstroms for my good nursing bras. I was a 32c before baby, 34d while pregnant, and know I'm a 32f while nursing.

My two boys are getting a surprise May 2015!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Also the breastfeeding center affiliated with Methodist has lactation consultants to help fit you.

My two boys are getting a surprise May 2015!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I wouldn't buy too many or spend a lot as you will still grow. It also really depends on what size you need.

Before kids I was 36ddd. My nursing bras are 40H. They did go down some between pregnancies but grew much faster the 2nd time. I'm hoping my nursing bras fit. 

Motherhood Maternity were not big enough. I found some Medela ones I liked at Jcp online. I ordered several different styles and sizes and had them shipped to the store. I tried them all on right away since I knew some were going to be returned. I also like the leading lady nursing tanks. The xl fit me okay. I know a lot of people like the Target ones but they don't give me enough support.  

imageimage
  • Options

If you don't want to spend a ton, I found some good ones at Macys (in the maternity section, not by the other bras...they are all 25%off if you buy 2 or more!) and Motherhood Maternity on the sale rack.  The Motherhood Maternity ones weren't that expensive to begin with but the sale rack had some great deals.

I also second the sleeping bras...that's all I wore in the hospital and then went right away to get nursing bras when my milk came.   

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I never bought a maternity bra. I just got a fitting for nursing bras at Nordstrom  for my going out bras and then bought some sleep bras for wearing around the house and at night.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I buy all my bras at Nordstrom.  They are expensive, but worth it.

DH and I married 8 years. Mom of three, stepmom of one.

• Options
    Before giving birth, I bought several nursing tanks and after my daughter was born I wore them constantly. They worked great for just lounging around the house and easy for many many feedings. Once it got closer to going back to work and my milk supply was fully in, I went to Nordstroms to get properly fitted for nursing bras. I went from a 34ddd to a 32g. Before Nordstroms, I had gone to SO many stores trying to find something that fit.
  • Options

I would wait until after you deliver and you go home to get one because once your milk comes in you can change sizes greatly. 

Nordstrom's had the best selection especially if you're a larger band/cup..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

You'd be surprised where you can find maternity bras, there are so many out on the market and you definitely don't need to compromise comfort for style. I found this excellent, excellent piece on what to look for and some specific styles... there's something for everyone. Hope this helps :)

https://blog.brayola.com/part-ii-lets-talk-about-maternity-bras-baby/

• Options
    I know Motherhood Maternity is having their "nursing" sale right now. All bras buy 3 get one free, as well as nursing tanks and pj's!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"