Pregnant after 35
Options

umm ... contractions?

So, if I feel like my belly is making a fist, is that a contraction? I've never had a BH and this is our first baby so I have no idea what to look for. I am so busy distracting myself from it that I forget to time it. I wouldn't call it painful exactly, but it's definitely no picnic. And is it normal to feel baby move during a contraction? Maybe it's just gas ...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: umm ... contractions?

• Options
    If it's a "really tight" feeling, and doesn't wrap down to your cervix, or around belly toward your back, it's probably BH. Contractions are sort of a "wave" starting in one area and growing out, around, and down. BUT, in my experience, BH (false labor) can quickly become REAL contractions. Hopefully, your are in the home stretch!!
    8 month cutie

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hmm, I don't think it's doing that. My mom described it as a wave also. I have been feeling a lot of "waves" recently because LO is too squished for kicking so all his movements basically feel like slow. insistent nudges. He is definitely looking for room right now! No bloody show and I'm pretty sure that I'm in the process of losing MP but my OB could care less about that so I stopped trying to figure it out. I just want baby out because he is already huge and I'm scared poopless!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It definitely sounds like BH more than real contractions. I find BH, even painful ones, just annoying. Whereas actual contractions, even mild ones, make it hard to concentrate on anything else.

So my .02 is if you can read or watch TV or whatever during what you're eperiencing it's probably not real contractions.

Exciting though!

• Options

On the other hand, the contractions I had with DD were little more than what you mentioned, just a light odd squeezing. I had timed them at starting right at 2 to 5 minutes regularly for over an bour before I called the doctor. Apparently, since my water didn't break, contractions were less intense.

Not to get hopes up too much, but always a possibility.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am absolutely no help but hoping you get your baby soon! I went to the hospital to be induced and was told that I was already have contractions on my own... I had no idea! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageAnimeg2+1:

On the other hand, the contractions I had with DD were little more than what you mentioned, just a light odd squeezing. I had timed them at starting right at 2 to 5 minutes regularly for over an bour before I called the doctor. Apparently, since my water didn't break, contractions were less intense.

Not to get hopes up too much, but always a possibility.

This is a good point - mine are definitely not as strong until my water breaks. 

8 month cutie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageNuggetJo:
    I am absolutely no help but hoping you get your baby soon! I went to the hospital to be induced and was told that I was already have contractions on my own... I had no idea! 

God bless you for getting to 41 weeks! I hope baby comes quickly now that you've started labor on your own!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"