April 2012 Moms

Did all your pregnancy cravings go away PP?

When I was pregnant I LOVED Dr. Pepper. Not unusual no, but I hated Dr. Pepper before I was pregnant. And after I came home from the hospital I couldn't even look at the ones left over in my fridge, much less drink them. YUCK!

I also developed Pica while pregnant and loved to eat ice every day all day and also smell the smell of rubber. Both of these have definitely retreated back into the woodwork they emerged from.

So what cravings/must-haves came and went with your pregnancy? Any of them stick around? Or maybe the opposite, are there things you loved before your pregnancy but now avoid like the plague? 

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Did all your pregnancy cravings go away PP?

• I loved potatoes when I was pregnant, then I found out I had GD and had to limit my starch intake.  I don't want them ALL the time now but I still like them.

However, the last strange craving I remember was pickles and chocolate milk at the same time.  That sounds good still, but very very separately. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm  in love with tartar sauce. I liked it before but now it's good on burgers and fries every time I eat them!! Also, key lime anything is amazing!
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I never had any big cravings, but some things aren't as good to me as they used to be. I used to LOVE onions and garlic but couldn't stand to be in the same room with them during the first tri. I like them again, but I don't go out of my way to include them in every recipe like I used to. And, as I mentioned in the other thread, it'll be a long time before I'm able to eat string cheese again, if ever. Also, I am pretty indifferent to chocolate these days (this one is very sad to me).
  • I couldn't stand pickles when pregnant and I still don't like them much now.  Thankfully my aversion to all meat products went away.  Also I craved breadsticks and still kinda do.  But I always have had a thing for bread it was just at a higher level when pregnant.
  • imageTambcat:
    I never had any big cravings, but some things aren't as good to me as they used to be. I used to LOVE onions and garlic but couldn't stand to be in the same room with them during the first tri. I like them again, but I don't go out of my way to include them in every recipe like I used to. And, as I mentioned in the other thread, it'll be a long time before I'm able to eat string cheese again, if ever. Also, I am pretty indifferent to chocolate these days (this one is very sad to me).

Your string cheese comment inspired this thread. Haha.

That is heartbreaking about the chocolate though. Sad 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageredmonkeystomper:
    I couldn't stand pickles when pregnant and I still don't like them much now.  Thankfully my aversion to all meat products went away.  Also I craved breadsticks and still kinda do.  But I always have had a thing for bread it was just at a higher level when pregnant.

Oh yeah! I had a major meat aversion too. I mean even pre-preg and now, I am not a huge meat fan, but during the first tri I refused it. That linked with my rapid weight loss those first 3 months, my mom and hubby were practically trying to shove anything protein down my throat! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I never really had a sweet tooth before I was pregnant- I usually prefered salty- but I developed the hugest sweet tooth during pregnancy, and unfortunately that hasn't gone away :(

I craved mandarin oranges like crazy too, and I think I've only had 1 or 2 fruit cups of them since having L. I also couldn't ever get enough cereal...I ate a crazy amount...now I think I consume a normal amount of cereal haha

ETA: I couldn't touch or be near eggs or bananas while pg, I'm fine with eating them again now. 

• I'm still not a fan of chicken and pasta like I was before Owen. Stupid aversion. I never had a craving that was unusual. 
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Oh yeah, I guess I did eat a lot of fruit when I was pg, but now I'm back to preferring vegetables.
  • I loved fruit salad while pregnant... I had to eat at LEAST 3 lbs a week. Most weeks ate 6! I still love it but I don't need it anymore. I did develop a fondness for sweets in general, which I didn't care about before that much. 

I had a strong aversion to meat for about 28 weeks. I can eat meat now, but there's a few dishes that I can't stand the thought of (attempted to eat them while preg and it's messed them up forever to me now) 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I loved DR Pepper as well, now I would rather have a Coke.

Food from the Cheesecake Factory grosses me out now because I threw up after eating twice while pregnant. Which really stinks because that's where DH works.

• I would literally puke from just the smell of bacon. I can actually eat it now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Unfortunately, I have developed an unhealthy habit of drinking soda - preferably Pepsi or root beer - and Kettle Brand salt and vinegar chips! These cravings did not go away PP!
  • I was obsessed with oatmeal when I was pregnant. I can't stand the stuff now. Also, after having DD - I was obsessed with grape juice for about a month. After that, I was over that too.
    A - 4/27/12     D - 7/14/14
  • I feel cheated. I never had any cravings during pregnancy. I was really looking forward to sending DH out in the middle of the night for random food whims , too. Oh well, maybe next time.... =
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't really eat fish still. I LOVE fish and then it started grossing me out during pregnancy and I'm still not able to eat it. 

Sushi somehow is fine. Thank god! 

• It wasn't a craving but I used to hate ketchup, like couldn't even stand the smell of it and would FREAK out if it got one me. But while pregnant I couldn't eat fries, burgers, etc. without it and now after, I still like it.
  • I had weird cravings that came and went. The last one I remember was for strawberries. I'm over it now, I still like them just don't need them the way I did when pregnant. I had more aversions than cravings. I couldn't eat or smell anything barbecue for a long time. I'm liking barbecue again now. My other big aversion was to fried foods and I still can't eat french fries.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Pineapple and coconut anything! Mmm...I still love it. Not as much- I would have 3-4 pineapples a week and add coconut to everything I could, now, I've cut waaaay back. 

• I craved Dr. Pepper with Christian. I still love a nice cold Dr. Pepper but now I drink Diet Dr. Pepper to cut out the calories.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"