Pre-School and Daycare
Options

OMG - the onslaught of 4 yo parties is starting. ...

I already have 4 parties for the next 2 months adn I know I've got another 5 to go at least.  What can I get in the $15 range that I can stock up on?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: OMG - the onslaught of 4 yo parties is starting. ...

• Options
    Books, art stuff (you can typically find some cute craft sets),. Barbie dolls
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options

Arts & Crafts:  Michaels/Hobby Lobby for art & craft projects there.  

Books:  Barnes & Noble Clearance Section.

Sports:  Target 

Puzzles:   Barnes & Noble / Target / Walmart   

I find the bigger/more popular items (Barbies, etc.) seem to be more expensive unless you find them at Walmart.  Target is nice, but they do have a tendancy to jack up prices on popular toys.

photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LoCarbLoCarb member
    I just went through this.  For the 3-4yo parties we attended, everyone got an electronic cash register from TRU "Just Like Home" (I also saw them at Target another brand) & a math/numbers activity book from the $1 store.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The past 2 years Target has put toys on clearance in August. So I have been buying there and stocking up for my fall birthdays. It has worked out really great. So start watching Target in the next week or 2 to see when the stuff starts getting marked down. The girls start Pre-K in 3 weeks, I am not looking forward to starting the birthday circuit evey weekend. I also tend to get each child 2 gifts because when they come to my girls party they buy a gift for each girl (they are twins). I don't think we will be going to every party this year because it starts to get too expensive.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageregenab:
    The past 2 years Target has put toys on clearance in August. So I have been buying there and stocking up for my fall birthdays. It has worked out really great. So start watching Target in the next week or 2 to see when the stuff starts getting marked down. The girls start Pre-K in 3 weeks, I am not looking forward to starting the birthday circuit evey weekend. I also tend to get each child 2 gifts because when they come to my girls party they buy a gift for each girl (they are twins). I don't think we will be going to every party this year because it starts to get too expensive.

I'm going to start requesting no gifts at DD's party this year, but that's not until December.  Its jsut too much stuff and its overwhelming and we don't need it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have a lot of luck at Marshall's. I found some Little People sets, Thomas the Train, etc. 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Options
    imageKathrynMD:

imageregenab:

I'm going to start requesting no gifts at DD's party this year, but that's not until December.  Its jsut too much stuff and its overwhelming and we don't need it.

Great idea-maybe even suggest donating to a special cause (children, animanls etc) instead.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    For the random bday parties for classmates (kids I don't really know too well with regards to their interests, etc) I give gift certs to the movies for about $15-$20.  Everyone likes the movies!
    Two kids..5 and 2
  • Options

stomp rockets! so awesome. :)

i also like browsing through the craft kits at michael's. 

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"