Fast Natural Birth with Baby #2 — The Bump
Birth Stories

Fast Natural Birth with Baby #2

I went into labor with baby #2 at 39w.  I had been having non-painful contractions for about a week.  At 10pm Saturday night I started having contractions 8.5-9.5 minutes apart.  These were stronger than the ones I had felt all week and I was having pain low in my belly and at the top of my legs.  Since my first baby was born pretty quickly (induction), I figured that I had better call my midwives after about an hour and half of that. 

At 11:30pm she suggested I take a hot shower and see what happens and to call back in an hour.  I was in the shower for 12 minutes and the contractions were now 5-6 minutes apart.  I decided to wait a bit to see if they spaced out after I got out of the shower, but a few contractions later after a particularly painful one, I decided to wake up my DH and head into the hospital.  By 12:20am we were in the car headed to the hospital and I called my midwives on the way. 

Arrived at the hospital and got checked in around 1:30am, contractions still only 6 minutes apart.  Got checked and I was 3cm (same as four days earlier), but now progressed from 50% to 90% effaced.  Midwife wanted me to walk the halls, but I had to be strapped to monitors and because my BP was elevated and baby had late decels, so I had to endure the contractions from the confines of the bed.  As soon as she checked me at 1:30, the contractions went to 3 minutes apart.  She checked me again at 2:00am since the contractions had gotten so much closer together and because of the heart rate decels and I was at 6cm and was admitted and wheeled from triage to a delivery room. 

A few more contractions and two quick pushes and our little peanut was born at 3:06am just about five hours after I felt my first contraction and 1.5 hours after we arrived at the hospital.  He weighed 5lbs, 14oz and was 20 inches long...a full half pound smaller than DS1.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fast Natural Birth with Baby #2

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards