Nurseries and Baby Gear

B-Agile vs City Mini GT

Why do you like your strollers?

Is there anyone out there that can help me decide between them? I know I like the City Mini GT over the standard model and that it is $100 more but I can't see too many differences between the B-Agile and GT other than the tires and adjustable handle bar.  I'm not sure if that's worth the $100 difference between them. 

We are getting a Chicco car seat and caddy so will not be using the stroller as a car set carrier.

Thanks!

~~*Me: 34, No IF Issues DH: 37, MF due to Quadriplegia~~*
First IVF Cycle 8/22 - ER = 11 Eggs, 10 Mature, 9 Fertilized 9/7 - Beta = BFN
FET - Two Frozen Blasts -11/10/11. BFN IVF#2 3/17 - Lucky Day! 3day transfer, 2 healthy embryos. 4/2 - Beta #1 949! BFP!! <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D

Re: B-Agile vs City Mini GT

• I have the GT, I really like it. The wheels alone were enough to justify the $100. I used to live in NYC and we currently live in Chicago, it's great on the bumpy sidewalks. My son seems very comfortable in it. 

Overall I am very happy with my purchase. Fwiw I used a snap and go for the first 5 months as it was the winter and we didn't take him strolling around that much.  

• I have the B-Agile and really like it.  That said, DS is only 8 weeks old, so we're still using it with the carseat - haven't used it without that yet.  My biggest complaint is the basket is really small - our diaper bag doesn't really fit there, but most of the time (so far) when we use the stroller, we don't have the diaper bag.  We take a walk nearly every day, and DS enjoys riding in the stroller.  I also love how light it is - though I think that's comparible to the weight of the City Mini GT.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I chose the B-Agile. I have quoted my answers from 3 previous threads, but the other users' answers in the threads might be helpful as well, so I linked those too.

Thread 1: 

imagetinyhumantoe:

I bought the Britax B-Agile after comparing the two. Both very similar, but I liked the britax better bc the "peep windows" are mesh not plastic (others may prefer plastic), under stroller storage was a tiny bit bigger, no bar between back wheels for H to hit feet, and same easy fold. The main reason was the infant seat holder was really intimidating with the GT, but the Britax B-Safe seat just clicks in. I got the carseat and stroller for 335 shipped on amazon. The tray, parent caddy/drink thing were both cheaper too. 

I was so glad I went to BBB to try both out. BTW, I liked the handle material on the GT better (it's more rubber than foam) but I was not impressed with how it "adjusted" for tall people which was the whole reason I was considering buying it.

Sorry for format...iPhone.  

THREAD 2:

imagetinyhumantoe:

I was down to these two, and leaning towards the city mini. I drove 2 hours to see them in person and decided on the B-Agile. Both are very nice and fold easily. I just liked the feel and features of the Britax better. 

Some things I liked were the easy (included) carseat adapter, bigger basket, no crossbar between back two wheels (tall husband might have had issues kicking it with the city mini), the mesh vs plastic "peek windows" to see LO, and some others I can't recall. I just liked it better and I was glad I gott off the Internet and went in to a store. I am getting the B-Safe carseat too.

FYI:  amazon has the Britax carseat and stroller for about $100-$160 less than stores. Save an additional $20 by finding them separately instead of the "travel system."  If you register with amazon, you get a 10% completion discount on any Amazon-sold products 30 days before your due date. I put my due date a month earlier so I'd get it sooner. Free shipping and returns!

THREAD 3:

imagetinyhumantoe:

I chose the b-agile after being pro-CM.  I tried them both in the store, and decided the b-agile was a much better fit for us.  I say go in to the store, and drive them around.  If you are still undecided, price out all the accessories and go by price (I got the tray and adult caddy/cupholder thing). 

I got my b-agile and b-safe on Amazon for $330 (buy them separately, not in the "travel system" package... it's $20 more together).  Also, if you registered with amazon, you get 10% off 30 days before your due date.  I entered my due date for 30 days earlier than it really is so I could get the 10% off sooner.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • I would look at them both in person and decide.  We love our GT double, and part of the reason is that it is a lot sturdier in construction than the B-Agile.  The fabric is a lot thicker, the frame is a lot stronger, and the wheels are fantastic since we go through all types of roads and terrain.  And Baby Jogger gives a lifetime warranty which Britax is only a 1 year warranty (definitely something to consider!).  Baby Gizmo recently did a review of the 2 and said that this year's City Mini edged out the B-Agile because of the materials--it's just better quality all around!  And we love the rubber handle on the GT instead of the foam on the B-Agile.  From already having 1 kid and seeing the wear and tear, the foam seems silly since it can fall apart a lot quicker!
    Alicia Mrs. since 03.05.05 imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsJerseyJets:
    I would look at them both in person and decide.  We love our GT double, and part of the reason is that it is a lot sturdier in construction than the B-Agile.  The fabric is a lot thicker, the frame is a lot stronger, and the wheels are fantastic since we go through all types of roads and terrain.  And Baby Jogger gives a lifetime warranty which Britax is only a 1 year warranty (definitely something to consider!).  Baby Gizmo recently did a review of the 2 and said that this year's City Mini edged out the B-Agile because of the materials--it's just better quality all around!  And we love the rubber handle on the GT instead of the foam on the B-Agile.  From already having 1 kid and seeing the wear and tear, the foam seems silly since it can fall apart a lot quicker!

Lurking but just wanted to say, I disagree with your speculation. We have had our Bugaboo  for 2 years and it has a foam handle which is still in pristine condition even though we have used it on every weekday since we have had it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"