Trying to Get Pregnant

Trying to Conceive- 42 days since last period, 2 negative tests

Hi all,
My Husband and I have been off of birth control since November 2011, and we have had zero luck conceiving. I'm very frustrated, and I'm looking for answers as to why it's not happening. I have gone to our doctor and have gotten tests done. Everything seems to be working properly. They suspect I have endometriosis, but they do not feel that it's affecting my reproductive area. I'm currently baffled as to what my body is currently doing. My last period was June 21. I supposedly ovulated July 12th, and I was supposed to start my period July 26th. AF still hasn't visited. I took a test at 1 day late..negative..and again today at 1 week late..also negative. I have been very crampy, like I will be starting anytime. My cycle ranges from 26-37 days..so on average my cycle length is approximately 35 days. I know the liklihood of my being pregnant at this point are slim, but is anyone else experiencing this or has anyone not tested positive until further along? Please any advice is welcome. Thanks!

Re: Trying to Conceive- 42 days since last period, 2 negative tests

• imagedaniellejones:
    Hi all,
    My Husband and I have been off of birth control since November 2011, and we have had zero luck conceiving. ..... I have gone to our doctor and have gotten tests done.

you are 9 months into TTC.   How old are you?   When did you have testing done?   What tests did they do?    Did your DH have an SA?

imagedaniellejones:
    They suspect I have endometriosis, but they do not feel that it's affecting my reproductive area.

why do they suspect?   do you have endo symptoms?   The only way to know is through laproscopic surgery... how would they know what area its affecting without going in and having a look?

Endo is what was keeping me from getting KU.   I had NO symptoms.   RE did an exploratory Lap and found stage 1 endo.  Fixed it up and after 20 cycles of TTC, I got pg on the 2nd cycle after lap.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • if you REALLY want to know what is going on with your cycles, I highly suggest charting your morning waking temp.    It's easy and can give you sooooo much info about your cycle.
    TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedaniellejones:
    Hi all,
    My Husband and I have been off of birth control since November 2011, and we have had zero luck conceiving. I'm very frustrated, and I'm looking for answers as to why it's not happening. I have gone to our doctor and have gotten tests done. Everything seems to be working properly. They suspect I have endometriosis, but they do not feel that it's affecting my reproductive area. I'm currently baffled as to what my body is currently doing. My last period was June 21. I supposedly ovulated July 12th, and I was supposed to start my period July 26th. AF still hasn't visited. I took a test at 1 day late..negative..and again today at 1 week late..also negative. I have been very crampy, like I will be starting anytime. My cycle ranges from 26-37 days..so on average my cycle length is approximately 35 days. I know the liklihood of my being pregnant at this point are slim, but is anyone else experiencing this or has anyone not tested positive until further along? Please any advice is welcome. Thanks!

How do you know you ovulated?  Where did you get your date of July 12th?  Have you joined fertility friend?  Are you taking your temperature?

I'm not a doctor but that is quite a range for your cycle?  I went off BC in September and my cycles got longer and longer (26 days, 28 days, 32 days, 30 days, 39 days, 63 days, 70 days).  I just recently started doing FF and taking my tempteratures.  You can't go off ovulator calculators that ask you how long your cycle is normally and when your last period is.  That doesn't tell you anything.

Use OPKs (ovulation perdictor kits), check your cervical mucus (CM), and take your temperature with a BBT.  Join fertility friend (free at first and gives you lessons on how to chart).  If you get to 60 days with a negative, talk to your doctor because you should get a positive by then.  I would bank on you aren't pregnant if your test is negative.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • also regarding Endo:

very good, easy to understand info here:  https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/endometriosis/DS00289 

"The main complication of endometriosis is impaired fertility."

"The only way for your doctor to know for certain that you have endometriosis is by looking inside your abdomen (direct visualization) for signs of endometrial implants. Commonly, this is accomplished during a minor surgical procedure called laparoscopy."

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
  • imageSweetC80:

You probably ovulated later in your cycle than normal. Test once a week until you get a + HPT or your period. If you hit 60 days w/o either call your doctor, and they can prescribe Provera to jump start your period.

There is a lot of good information here:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/42877040.aspx

This.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Yes, I've been off since November. I'm 26 years old. I had testing done in July to see if the Endometriosis was on my Fallopian tubes, which it wasn't..but he hasn't ruled it out that it's not affecting something else. Have not had the Laproscopic surgery as of yet.
  • I use an Ap..but I also felt slighty cramping the day it said I was to ovulate. I haven't heard of Fertility Friend, the AP I use is Period Tracker which charts my period, symptoms and ovulation.

I'll try those things, and I'll check out the website. Thank you!

• imagedaniellejones:
    Hi all,

I just wanted to say hang in there and I feel your pain. I'm at day 38 and I'm normally a 27-30 cycle and I feel like I'm going crazy over here. Dr has me scheduled for a blood test on Monday if AF still doesn't show. Have you spoken to your Dr at all yet?

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes, I have spoken to my OBGYN. They said that I could have ovulated late..and they wanted me to wait another week and take another test.

Let me know what happens with your apt. Good luck!

• I still haven't started. Thought I was going to yesterday as I had slight discoloration, then it went away. This thursday will be 2 weeks late.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"