Postpartum Depression
Options

Post-miscarriage anxiety and depression

I was just wondering if any of you experience depression and/or anxiety after a miscarriage. I have had mild anxiety since DS was born 2 years ago but I was never anythig really concerning. I M/C in March and about 2 months later started having extreme anxiety followed by depression. My dr feels it has a lot to do with my hormones after the MC but i was wondering if any of you have experience with anxiety and depression after MC but not after giving birth. 
Married my love 6/27/09 Conceived 09/09, LO born 6/17/10 TTC #2 since 12/11, BFP 2/22/12, m/c 3/2/12 @4w Stopped TTC for now. Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Post-miscarriage anxiety and depression

• Options

So sorry for your loss.

HMMMM now I wonder if I did.   A few years back I had a miscarriage then two weeks later my best friend passed away in a car accident.  I remember having panick attacks and couldn't catch my breath at all.  Anxiety and depression for a few weeks but always chopped it up to my feelings about my friend passing away (which probably didn't help).  I have always been able to handle stressfull/sad situations without panick attacks except for that time.    I wouldn't doubt that it has a lot to do with a hormonal inbalance. I had anxiety/depression from the very same reason earlier this year.    I would suggest not taking any birth control until you can figure out if thats why it is or not.  Talk to your dr. about wayt to balance your hormones.  Best of luck.....although its very scary it does pass and if it interferes with you life too much theres medication out there that may help you.

T&P for you

photo 521774ac-531f-42f9-9325-82efbf569d9f_zps25965887.jpg<photo b8da4dd1-ab31-4567-8e47-1eed1489f7ee_zps7c71559e.jpgbr>

• Options
    I am so sorry that you are going through this. My last loss was at 12 weeks and it was our second. I am a neonatal nurse and had to take a month off from work because I couldn't stand the sight of babies or happy moms. I was very angry and depressed and felt completely worthless. Part of it was definitely hormones tapering off but that doesn't make the feelings any less real. If you haven't already, check out the Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss board. Those ladies were all very supportive and helpful to me during both of my losses. Good luck.
    BabyFruit TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
     TTC since 07/2010 BFP #1 11/10/11 Natural MC at 6w4d BFP #2 01/23/12 MC at 12w. 2x Cytotek 1x Methergen; Genetic testing found Factor V Leiden and MTHFR. Started extra Folic Acid and Baby Aspirin then Lovenox BFP #3 07/02/12 EDD 3/13/13 . Rainbow Baby born at 37 weeks, all natural, after 10 weeks of bedrest. BFP #4 ST. PATTY'S DAY 2014. EDD 11/25/14 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I have experienced this with all my miscarriages, espescially my latest one. I've found that talking to my therapist about it has helped, as has talking to DH. Hang in there!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    after my m/c in Aug last yr I was afraid of getting depressed- I would cry every day for a few weeks.  DH wasn't having any of it.  I found for me talking about the m/c helped a lot.  AND after the Dr said it was Ok I started working out/running again- I picked a race and trained for it.  It really helped me feel like myself again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"