Eco-Friendly Family

Pools...

I'm looking into getting a smallish pool for our house, probaby 15'x48". I read a review on the pool saying that if you make it a saltwater pool you don't have to use all the chemicals. Anyone have any experience with this?

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Pools...

• No personal brackish pool ownership experience, but both my apartment pool and our local community pool are chlorine-free/brackish systems.  My skin and hair don't feel destroyed when I get out of them, and my swimsuits last a lot longer than they used to in my mom's chlorine pool.

I would poke around online or visit a pool shop.  You might have to get a specific filter for the type of chemical you want to use to treat the water.

image  image  image

• Yay! So it can be done, thats great to hear. Thanks for the response!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, my aunt and uncle have a saltwater pool in their backyard and it's awesome. They are sooooooo much better than harsh chlorine!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep! They are awesome! My parents have one, and it feels much better than chlorine on the skin. Just FYI, which you probably know.. But the whole construction of them are different from a conventional pool (at least in my experience). The pool is not concrete, it's a pool liner in the ground backfilled with sand (I think). Its very sturdy! I would recommend one.
  • yup.  all the pools here are saltwater.  you can open your eyes w/o the stinging.  love the pool!
  • I'd just recommend visiting a pool store in your area to learn how to properly care for it so everything is in balance.  It's easier to keep it working properly and balanced than it is to rectify a problem once you've got one. 
  • Thanks everyone!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I have only been in one salt water pool and I really liked it and would lean towards a salt water pool if I ever get one, after some real research of course. I hate the chemicals.
    You will never know how much you mean to me my little jelly Bean.
    Mommy loves you Eevee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    <a href="http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/cpali/?action=view
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"