Blended Families
Options

No your sister and 3 kids cannot stay here!

Warning, vent in progress.

DH says "I need to talk to you about something". He tells me that his sister will be evicted in 7 days and needs a place to stay for a whole month, and will pay $200 to anyone who will let her stay. This would be her and her three children. 2 out of the 3 are in school. This woman actually has had 8 children (Three older children who live with other families; I have no idea why, but I guess she lost them years ago so they are permanently fostered) One died at the age of 8 due to cancer, and she has three of the younger girls living with her, and the son is living with dad. She lives in a trailer park, lives off of the state, refuses to work, and jumps place to place after they get kicked out. I told him: "If it was for 2 days, sure. If it was just her, sure. But do to the circumstances, hell no". If you have created such a headache for yourself, why put it on family? I didn't make eight kids knowing I would never lift a finger to get a job and just choose to live off the state and hope someone would take my family in just in case sh*t hit the fan... I'm not letting a train wreck into my house (we have a 3 bedroom house with DH, myself, and LO) where would I put three extra kids and a mother? Um, no.

Re: No your sister and 3 kids cannot stay here!

• Options

Tell her you will take the kids but she needs to go elsewhere 

• Options
    I'd be worried she'd never leave if you let her stay! Insane.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekahusk:
    I'd be worried she'd never leave if you let her stay! Insane.

One of my points to a "t"... I don't want to open a can of worms I can't put the lid back on.

• Options
    WahooWahoo member

Really, the offer is rediculous.  $200 is nothing when you think of what it will cost extra to feed, provide utilities (water, electricity) for the extra people, yet it still gives her the mindset "hey, we are PAYING for this," as if you wouldn't be doing her a huge favor.

"No" is a complete sentence.

image "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.
  • Options
    Heck. No. I am with you 100%. Very sad situation for the kids though.
  • Options
    imageldmessing:

Tell her you will take the kids but she needs to go elsewhere 

This- If it comes up "what about the children?" you wont be sound so cold-hearted if you suggest this. 

Mama of 1: who did not grow below my heart, but certainly a big place in it!!

TTC our #1 since '10

DX: Ovulate but not great follicles

DH SA:Normal-Low Count

Aug 2012:Clomid 50MG= BFFN ([1]Fol-17mm/Prog.-17.3)

Sep 2012: Clomid 150MG CD5-9 & TI= ??

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

No no no no ... this will be a never ending story.. Maybe the children.. She need to get off her A$z and get a job! ugh how lazy

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    where are the 3 girls dad(s?) If that is not an option I think I would offer to take in the kids. maybe. 

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageWahoo:

Really, the offer is rediculous.  $200 is nothing when you think of what it will cost extra to feed, provide utilities (water, electricity) for the extra people, yet it still gives her the mindset "hey, we are PAYING for this," as if you wouldn't be doing her a huge favor.

"No" is a complete sentence.

I agree! Absolutely no! I agreed to let a mutual friend of DH & I stay at our house when she left a bad relationship & while she did have a job & get a second one, I would not allow it again without serious rules. She & her 2 boys lived with us for 2 months, drove my car for 4 months & borrowed money from us... haven't been paid a dime for any of it. Money would not be such an issue if we weren't expecting a new baby in Dec & have a ton of bills we need to take care of before that arrival. 

image image image
  • Options

Glad I had some sense about it all and said no. My heart is big, but it isn't that big.

• Options

Ugh No! I agree with other PP. IF the kids will end up homeless offer to take them for a SHORT period of time... 

I've been worried about DH asking if his brother could move in... there have been hints here and there about it and now DH's brother has broken up with his GF where he was living half the time... DH said "I'm just concerned about what he's going to do now" (his bro has a history of being enabled by his family since he is slightly mentally behind, so he doesn't really do much for himself and he's 3 years older than DH) I wouldn't mind his brother living with us for a LITTLE bit but I fear he would get comfortable... and to be honest, he gets on my preggo-nerves with his "conspiracy theories" and endless conversations (one-sided of course) about how bad people/companies/tv/etc/etc/etc are....  

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"