School-Aged Children

Dumb ? about writing name on school supplies

DD is Alexandra and went by it in K last year.  This year she's thinking of going by her nn "Allie" in 1st grade.  I know there's at least one other Allie in her grade so she may have to go by Allie S. 

Do I write Alexandra on her supplies?  If she goes by Allie then write that instead? 

Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD

Re: Dumb ? about writing name on school supplies

• We have to label everything at our school.  I have Mabel's Labels that I won a few years ago, and half said her given (full) name, and half said her nickname (the name she has been using since birth).  I mixed and matched, because I want her to get used to recognizing both names ... and partially because I couldn't decide which to use.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Use Alexandra on supplies.  She can still go by Allie informally.

We do this with my son.  He's "Timothy" on paper, but people call him "Tim" a lot. 

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Loading the player...
  • image-auntie-:
    Are you certain your teacher doesn't just combine the supplies? Some schools donate all supplies to a common bin in which case you don't label them.

Please check on this! Our school is big on this and everyone involved 9kids and teachers) get frustrated when names are on supplies that go into "the pot"--especially if the supplies are "cool" and different than what was asked for. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ppantsppants member
    image-auntie-:
    Are you certain your teacher doesn't just combine the supplies? Some schools donate all supplies to a common bin in which case you don't label them.
    It says items are to be labeled. Just like last year.
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Our school supply list tells us which items are to be labeled and which aren't.

I'd probably label them all with "Allie S" if that's what she want to be called the whole year.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"