May 2012 Moms

Red skin in a neck roll

My LO is a chunky girl and has 2 little neck rolls. The upper one closer to her chin is red and irritated on the inside. With the heat there's always sweat in there, plus sometimes she throws up so it's just an unhealthy mix. DH and I wipe it out when she spits up (obviously) and otherwise usually 3 times a day. We don't want to wipe the area more often than necessary and have that add to the irritation.

I'm wondering what (if anything) would be best to put on the area to get it to clear up faster. I feel that we're just keeping it from getting worse at this point and I'd like to get ahead of it. If it was more in the open I'd just let the air dry it out but NO air gets there, we have to tip her head back and part the skin to even see the red part. I just don't want to add to the moisture either...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Red skin in a neck roll

• mam09mam09 member
    My little girl had this exact same issue.  A & D ointment worked for us!
  • We used vaseline and that seemed to help.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Canestan cream. In this heat, a yeast rash is common. Canestan cream will take care of it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO has the same thing!  We wash it everyday and then I put Aquaphor on it, it seems to not bother her.
  • Wow a variety of responses! Guess I have a lot I can try...would any diaper cream essentially work do you think?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I bought some CJ's BUTTer to use for diaper rash and used it for what you describe, it worked great.
  • We, too, used CJ's and it helps.  We bath every night (soap every other) and make sure to wash the neck rolls.  Them in the morning, I use a Mustela face wipe and wipe her down.  After each bottle (she's a spitty kid), I make sure to use a dry burp rag to keep her neck rolls clear of spittle. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I put baby powder in the folds after each bath and sometimes in the morning to help keep it dry.  That way she doesn't get the rash and I don't have to treat it.  Works great for us!

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• had the same problem, used Vaseline like the other poster and kept it dry.  It went away quickly and hasnt come back.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"