Postpartum Depression
Options

Question for you ladies

I have had depressing and anxity pretty much all my life.  I am on meds for this.  The past couple months I have been super down/having mood swings like no other and pretty much hate the world.  I do have Mirena and have read that mood swings are def a side eff.  My question is LO is almost a yr could this be PPD or more then likely just the IUD?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Re: Question for you ladies

• Options

I know for me anytime artificial hormones are put in my body I basically go crazy. I refuse to take a BC pill anymore. 

But with that being said I have not had an IUD. Also PPD can really happen anytime in the first year of your babies life. It would be worth talking to your doctor either way.  

• Options
    imagewinter-shock:

I know for me anytime artificial hormones are put in my body I basically go crazy. I refuse to take a BC pill anymore. 

But with that being said I have not had an IUD. Also PPD can really happen anytime in the first year of your babies life. It would be worth talking to your doctor either way.  

Thank you!  I have a call into my doc and we will see what she has to say. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It could be PPD, but as previous poster said, I am the same way. Artificial hormones make me horribly depressed and the mood swings are awful. I actually can't take them anymore. A single shot of Depo Provera made me infertile for three years. My son was a true blessing we never though we would have, total surprise when we conceived him. Anyways, after that one shot of Depo I had horrid mood swings, I felt like I was going to go insane. Then I got on the pill, and it was just as bad. That being said, I had suffered from anxiety and depression in my teen years, and so perhaps it was because I was already predisposed to depression that I reacted so strongly to the mood swings associated with birth control. Either way, it's worth a call to your doctor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was slightly depressed before my Mirena but extremely depressed afterwards.  I had the Mirena put in 5 weeks post-partum and had it taken out 2 weeks later due to terrible depression and awful side effects!  I am still terribly depressed - I do think the Mirena had something to do with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had the same thing. i ended up having it removed and getting the copper IUD (Paragard)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"