November 2011 Moms
Options

Frozen milk question

I've been using up all my frozen milk from April and when I thaw it out (in warm water) it doesn't look milky? Is the only way I can explain it. It looks like it has tiny prices of milk particles. I hope this makes sense. It doesn't smell or anything it just looks weird. Is this ok?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Frozen milk question

• Options
    When I defrost mine, it does look milky. Hve you always done it in warm water or do you let it defrost in the fridge? I usually leave mine in the fridge and it comes out OK. Maybe it's not fully thawed when you do it in the water?
  • Options
    Could it be separated out hind milk? When you put it in a bottle and swirl it in (don't shake!) does it blend in?  It is really the only thing I could think of it being.  Although when I would defrost donor milk for DS, I did it under cool water or in the fridge overnight--so I guess defrost method is also a possibility. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It does not blend. I'm going to try and put it in the fridge tonight and see but I have not had succes with that method. It doesn't blend even after its been in the fridge all day. How do u get it to not separate? 

• Options
    Mine would do that but as soon as I warmed it (in the freezer bag still in a cup of hot water) I would squeeze the bag to mix it and as it warmed it would mix again. Sorry that was a long description, but it looked more "milky" for lack of better word when warmed. 
    12/13/10 BFP 12/23/10 Miscarriage 3/6/11 BFP EDD 11/09/11 11/03/11 C-Section at 39w1d for failure to progress on induction for HBP and GD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cincinnati Reds Pictures, Images and Photos image ~~~~~Everyone Welcome PgAL/PAL~~~~~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"