December 2012 Moms
Options

where is everyone?!

have you all gone to the FB group?!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: where is everyone?!

• Options
    mlangsmlangs member

80% of this board left for the FB group and doesn't come here unless there is some fun drama.

• Options
    I'm never on the FB group.  :(  Oh well.
    Mama of 3 earth babies and 1 beautiful angel baby
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're just too cool for the Facebook group Wink
  • Options

I'm coming, I'm coming, I'm comiing.. I'm here!

Ah yes, I've been watching Full House like a mad woman lately. Got to love that little Michelle Tanner Wink

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mlangsmlangs member
    I am on both to be honest, but I can't FB at work, but I can bump Wink
  • Options

imagemlangs:

thank goodness!

I'm glad some of you ladies are still here =)

• Options

imagemlangs:

This exactly!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm here, but my parents are in town visiting, so I'll be on less through the beginning of next week probably. Right now they're staining my chairs since I can't, now that I'm pregnant. They've also helped Dh move around furniture in our 3 guest rooms to make room for nursery stuff. It's kind of exciting because I just got out all my and some of my parents baby and children's books. I feel like we're finally making more progress!
    Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Just got back from a playgroup with DS. I still haven't gotten the invite from the fb group yet........
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options

I've been crafting.

And playing farmville.

And being bored.

And eating gummy bears.

And I have no more excuses.

2/12: 100 mg Clomid + Bravelle last minute+ back to back IUI. BFN
    3/12 150mg Clomid + B2B IUI =BFP!! TWINS!
    Vanishing twin at week 6
    Tater-tot born January 3rd 2013

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
    3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
    8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I was at my school getting my classroom ready.  Can't believe summer is almost over :(
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I won't do a FB group. too many unknowns.  I haven't been around bc, I have no idea why. lol. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • Options

I am here. I am on my lunch and was reading but my kindle battery just died. Oh the joys of technology. If it was a paperback I would be still reading. :(

ETA: I don't do FB. I can't get on it while at work. I don't have internet on my phone and when I get home, I am chasing around a toddler. I barely have time to sit down and do anything.

Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    can we still join the fb group?  and if so, can someone tell me how to get added? thanks!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Wait!  I think I've got it!

They can't handle my fabulousness. 

• Options

imagemaestra816:
    can we still join the fb group?  and if so, can someone tell me how to get added? thanks!!!

There's an FB Group? Why wasn't I invited!? The bump was also down all afternoon getting fixed! 

BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I just don't see the point of the FB group? How is it different from this board. I go on FB to communicate with people I know IRL.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageMrsLele:
    I just don't see the point of the FB group? How is it different from this board. I go on FB to communicate with people I know IRL.

Well, back when this board was BSC, the Fb group was a more informative group. Now it's a bunch of ladies who are really close to each other, who talk about baby stuff, but also our daily lives. We have more of an 'I know you' feel, even though most of us have never met.

Vanishing twin at week 6

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
    3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
    8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    imageJenniatONU:

imageMrsLele:

Well, back when this board was BSC, the Fb group was a more informative group. Now it's a bunch of ladies who are really close to each other, who talk about baby stuff, but also our daily lives. We have more of an 'I know you' feel, even though most of us have never met.

But this can be achieved on a national or local board as well. I have developed some really awesome friendships with women on the TB. We have done GTG's and gift exchanges. And we don't have to strictly talk about baby stuff on here.

Yes, some people come here and just lurk, or others only come by when they have a specific question like, "when do you typically start to feel your LO?" but others are here for the long haul. I think a lot of it depends on what you personally make of board.

Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    imagesweettalkin417:
    imageJenniatONU:

imageMrsLele:

But this can be achieved on a national or local board as well. I have developed some really awesome friendships with women on the TB. We have done GTG's and gift exchanges. And we don't have to strictly talk about baby stuff on here.

Yes, some people come here and just lurk, or others only come by when they have a specific question like, "when do you typically start to feel your LO?" but others are here for the long haul. I think a lot of it depends on what you personally make of board.

Yeah, it's kinda hard to explain the FB group now. It's just easier to say "Well, remember when Dec. 12 was BSC? Yeah, that's why there is an active fb group." But then it evolved from there. I've gotten close to board members without a fb too, but eah. For some people, they like the format better. (Not me. I like the forum better, but hey.) For some, they can't get on the boards at work, but can get on FB through their phone. 

It's really just preference. 

Vanishing twin at week 6

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
    3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
    8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    mlangsmlangs member

The one advantage FB has is pictures... pictures are so much easier. Well that and I don't have to freak out that I will loose my account because I have a business that is a big part of my life and I like to talk about it too.

OK so it has 2 advantages.

• Options
    imageJenniatONU:

imageMrsLele:

This all the way! The FB group is fantastic. 
  • Options
    imagemrsmarroe10:

imagemaestra816:

There's an FB Group? Why wasn't I invited!? The bump was also down all afternoon getting fixed! 

Um, no it wasn't, people have been on it all afternoon (like me) with no problem. 

• Options
    imagemrsmarroe10:

imagemaestra816:

Um, no it wasn't, people have been on it all afternoon (like me) with no problem. 

• Options
    imagemrsmarroe10:

imagemaestra816:

• Options
    The bump was down for me for a period I time...got a message saying they were improving things and would be back shortly. Wasn't long, though.
    I agree with a previous poster, I'm already close with a huge local group of ladies from our wedding planning days on the knot, so it is possible. But, we stemmed off to a private message board. nothing against the FB group, I'm just not into it. I dislike FB as is, and I post more on PgAL then this board, anyway. If there is "drama", I don't post.

• Options
    I know the past few days must have been rough without me.
  • Options
    imagemlangs:

The one advantage FB has is pictures... pictures are so much easier. Well that and I don't have to freak out that I will loose my account because I have a business that is a big part of my life and I like to talk about it too.

Another thing the FB group has over this one is that only the group can see our pics. When I was pregnant with my daughter, some pervs did a "raid" on the corums where I posted my bump pics. They copied a bunch of pics and posted them to their pregnancy fetish forums for everyone to whack off on. It took me two long years and a lot of fighting to get my pics taken down. 
  • Options
    imageLeighPA:
    imagemlangs:

Another thing the FB group has over this one is that only the group can see our pics. When I was pregnant with my daughter, some pervs did a "raid" on the corums where I posted my bump pics. They copied a bunch of pics and posted them to their pregnancy fetish forums for everyone to whack off on. It took me two long years and a lot of fighting to get my pics taken down. 

That is terrifying! Indifferent

Vanishing twin at week 6

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
    3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
    8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    imageJenniatONU:
    imageLeighPA:
    imagemlangs:

That is terrifying! Indifferent

That is scary!! Plus the forums aren't private, you can pretty much view everything publicly, without logging in....even if they made it private, you never know who registers. The thing with FB is that anyone can be added as well, and you neverk now who you is a part of the group, plus, there's a lot of pretenders on there too (not saying there is now, but you never know).

• Options
    FB is a lot more secure than this completely wide-open and very public site. I lurked for years before ever making my account because a friend would show me funny drama. I could see everything. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"