Infertility Veterans

An update and a ? (embryo quality post)

Hey ladies, so we transfered the two best embryos on Saturday. The RE called today and the other 2 didn't make it to the freeze..... I am sad about it, but very hopeful that I get pregnant this cycle.

We did this newer procedure where they insert 500 iu of HCG into your uterus 5 min. before transfering the embryos. My doctor said that studies have showed it increases implantation by 15%. Has any one else done this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: An update and a ? (embryo quality post)

• I'm not sure how to say this so I just will. You have a 10 month old baby and you are doing your first IVF right now. I'm not following how you are a Vet and how the Vet board is an appropriate place for you to be posting??

If the other ladies know you and think it is appropriate, I will step aside but this is my opinion.

GL with your IVF.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• SkyBeeSkyBee member

I apologize. DX: Azoospermia

with DS we got pregnant on our 8th dIUI cycle

this year we have done 3 IUIs and on the 4th, there were too many follies, so we converted to IVF.

We want our kids to be close in age if we happen to be able to get pregnant sooner than later.

ETA: I don't put our DX or any other information in the siggy any more on the off chance that someone we know IRL sees it...... we have kept our DX a secret from everyone except close family.

Also, when I posted on the IF board I was flamed for the picture of DS and asked to post here instead.

• Loading the player...
  • reb259reb259 member
    I think you may have missed her (McIrish) point...
    I am AMA and all tests on H came back normal
    3 failed IVF with OE and 2 failed frozen DE cycles
    Last fresh hail mary DE cycle starting Feb 2013
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome
  • imageSkyBee:

I apologize. DX: Azoospermia

with DS we got pregnant on our 8th dIUI cycle

this year we have done 3 IUIs and on the 4th, there were too many follies, so we converted to IVF.

We want our kids to be close in age if we happen to be able to get pregnant sooner than later.

ETA: I don't put our DX or any other information in the siggy any more on the off chance that someone we know IRL sees it...... we have kept our DX a secret from everyone except close family.

Also, when I posted on the IF board I was flamed for the picture of DS and asked to post here instead.

Thanks for the explanation!!  I'll just shut my mouth now, LOL:-)

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

• Actually, McIrish is correct, this board is for longtime posters on the IF board and for those with a shared history. Having a kid in your siggie does not make you IFV by default. I know that lots of people on different boards are undergoing IF treatments, but having an IF history alone doesn't default you as a contributing member of the IF community unless you actually participated on that board.

ETA The impression I get is that you're looking for support but don't really get the whole point of the board. I mean, since you've posted 2 "need help" posts I can't seem to find any posts where you actually offer anyone else any support or kind words. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but if you have these kinds of general questions, and there's nothing wrong with that at all, they belong on IF along with a siggie warning. I think the person that steered you here was not giving you the best guidance.

The icing on the cake is worrying about having kids with similar ages. Most women here are struggling with the reality of possibly never having kids, and this concern is so far off base with what the women here are facing. I really hope that you can see how voicing these thoughts on IFV intrude on what many feel is their only safe spot, especially when there are many boards where this very valid and real concern is appropriate to discuss.

+++
  • Most of the women here have not found success yet and are actually Vets of the IF board, meaning they have been part of that board for forever and a day. I am thinking you might not find the answers you are looking for. Good luck to you.
  • SkyBeeSkyBee member
    Thank you for the replies. Before getting pregnant I was active on the IF board and then after I was on SAIF and also PAIF. I do know some of the ladies here, but not enough I guess.
  • SkyBeeSkyBee member
    imageEdwina.McDunnough:

Actually, McIrish is correct, this board is for longtime posters on the IF board and for those with a shared history. Having a kid in your siggie does not make you IFV by default. I know that lots of people on different boards are undergoing IF treatments, but having an IF history alone doesn't default you as a contributing member of the IF community unless you actually participated on that board.

ETA The impression I get is that you're looking for support but don't really get the whole point of the board. I mean, since you've posted 2 "need help" posts I can't seem to find any posts where you actually offer anyone else any support or kind words. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but if you have these kinds of general questions, and there's nothing wrong with that at all, they belong on IF along with a siggie warning. I think the person that steered you here was not giving you the best guidance.

The icing on the cake is worrying about having kids with similar ages. Most women here are struggling with the reality of possibly never having kids, and this concern is so far off base with what the women here are facing. I really hope that you can see how voicing these thoughts on IFV intrude on what many feel is their only safe spot, especially when there are many boards where this very valid and real concern is appropriate to discuss.

I only explained the having kids close in age because it was mentioned that I already have a 10 month old.

• Holy crap guys. She HAS been around for quite a while and qualifies for this board if you want to get technical by the mandatory "an active (6 month+) history on the IF board and an established connection to the IF community (IF, PAIF, and SAIF," Apparently you should add in the board description that if you have a child you must start over on IF for at least 6 months or something. I just gotta shake my head sometimes.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have been around longer than most and did not recognize her screen name. Had I realized she did have an established relationship, my response would have been different.

Sky- so sorry for not recognizing you. 

• mieslmiesl member

Wow.  I realize that I'm likely to get flamed as an unrecognizable former vet, but I try to keep track of people with similar DX.  I recognize her from the azoo check in.  Azoo is an crappy DX, you never feel like you fit in anywhere.  It's especially hard on here now that SAIF is on FB.

Some of these responses were just nasty mean.

SkyBee, if you want to talk to another azoo mom, PM me.  Good luck with your 2ww!

Husband has cystic fibrosis. I'm a carrier. We did TESE, IVF, ICSI, and PGD. After two failed IVFs, we were blessed with our twins.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • SkyBeeSkyBee member
    imagemiesl:

Wow.  I realize that I'm likely to get flamed as an unrecognizable former vet, but I try to keep track of people with similar DX.  I recognize her from the azoo check in.  Azoo is an crappy DX, you never feel like you fit in anywhere.  It's especially hard on here now that SAIF is on FB.

SkyBee, if you want to talk to another azoo mom, PM me.  Good luck with your 2ww!

Thank you Miesl. :)

• imageSkyBee:
    imagemiesl:

Thank you Miesl. :)

Sky why don't you try the secondary infertility board. All the women there are working on a second or whatever, but a lot have a DX and have done IF treatments for Thier first as well......I post on both boards...it took me over 2 years for ds and over 2 years now for this seconds baby....I think I qualify as a vet but I also post on secondary...l good luck!  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers After years of struggling with infertility issues (PCOS since I was 16) and 15 medicated cycles we finally got blessed with our son. We got lucky with our 7th IUI using stims...Now we are back on the roller coaster to try for another miracle..IVF cycle in May resulted in a chemical pregnancy. 2 snowbabies FET 7/16-transferred 2 blastocyst...Faint bfp 4dp5dt! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it can just be difficult to see a post from someone who has a 10 month old and is now doing her first IVF. I get that azoo is a hard dx, and she probably has been around for awhile, but I don't recognize her either. Coming here without an introduction (or did I miss it?) or a siggy warning could be taken the wrong way. I think in general it's difficult for second timers to be accepted on this board because so many ladies here are still struggling for their first and facing the reality of NEVER having genetic/bio children (like me). 
    Dx: High FSH, stage IV endo, homozygous C677T MTHFR and PAI-1
    Early loss 10/08
    Lap 1/09
    IVF #1 "natural IVF" - 1 egg retrieved, missed m/c
    Tried several mini-stim cycles with no response
    Switched clinics - dx'd as carrier for Fragile X
    IVF #2 MDL protocol Jan/Feb converted to IUI, BFN
    IVF #2 take 2: Antagonist, one embie, BFN
    IVF #3: Antagonist, no fertilization
    One last ditch effort at OE IVF (antagonist with Clomid) cancelled
    DE cycle #1 Jan/Feb 2011, BFP, ectopic
    DE cycle #2 June/July 2011 - BFP
    10/28/11 Baby girl lost at 17 weeks due to pre-term labor. We love and miss you.
    DE cycle #3 June/July 2012 - BFP, twins, both heartbeats stopped, D&C
    2 frosties but don't know what's next
    FET Dec 2012: BFP! Praying this one sticks for the long haul!
  • imagemay2806:
    I think it can just be difficult to see a post from someone who has a 10 month old and is now doing her first IVF. I get the azoo is a hard dx, and she probably has been around for awhile, but I don't recognize her either. Coming here without an introduction (or did I miss it?) or a siggy warning could be taken the wrong way. I think in general it's difficult for second timers to be accepted on this board because so many ladies here are still struggling for their first and facing the reality of NEVER having genetic/bio children (like me). 

This!

I also think it is different if the poster was on IFV before her baby and stayed here supporting us the entire time she was pg and afterwards. You can't just appear 2 yrs later and expect open arms. There are certain IFV graduates who continue to post here but they never actually left and deserted us once they had their babies and didn't "need" something from us.

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

• Skybee was an extremely active poster and great supporter when I first joined TB on TTGP. Soon after she joined the IF board and I lurked some there to follow her way back when. I think she definitely qualifies as a IFV personally.

Maybe it would help if she changed her siggy?  From what I understand, not a lot of girls going through IVF on 2nd IF, and Skybee is NOT secondary IF.  I'm sorry, but I get irritated when those girls like Skybee that struggled for so long TTC #1 get pushed that way.

TTC #1 Since 4/2010, Cycle 30
    Positive for HLA-B27, I'm a mutant :p
    Testing - Me ok, gluten issue? DH - borderline count, low motility
    4/28/11 IUI#1 = BFP!(5/25), EDD 2/2/12 - m/c 5w3d
    7/3, 7/31, 9/25 - IUI#2-4=BFN
    IVF#1 - 1 blast = BFP!! (12/30), EDD 9/9/12, confirmed c/p 4w2d
    FET#1 3/2/12 - 2 blasts =BFP!! EDD 11/18/12, us#1 = twins! Confirmed m/c 5w6d
    4/20-surprise BFP and another c/p 4w2d
    FET#2 7/16/12 - 2 blasts = BFN
    FET#3 8/20/12 - 1 blast - BFP!! Beta #1-2=177, 354
    1st u/s 5w6d, one beautiful little HB :), 2nd u/s 146bpm
    baby girl born 5/10/13

TTC#2 since 12/17/2014, Cycle 8
    Repeat Testing...FSH=12, AMH=3.8, AFC=28. 
    IUI#5 5/10/15- c/p?
    IVF#2 8/19/15 - cancelled due to cysts
    IVF#2 take two 10/2015 - 5 blasts frozen
    FET#4 12/11/2015 - BFN - 4 blasts remaining
    FET#5 2/18/16 - BFP!!!  Beta1-3, 126, 250, 745!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tons of love and ((hugs)) to my IF sister NMscubagirl

• I read something about that procedure before IVF #3.  But, it wasn't something my RE would do.  Good luck!

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• imageGregermis:

Maybe it would help if she changed her siggy?  From what I understand, not a lot of girls going through IVF on 2nd IF, and Skybee is NOT secondary IF.  I'm sorry, but I get irritated when those girls like Skybee that struggled for so long TTC #1 get pushed that way.

I do agree that secondary IF is a different thing. I wish that SAIF was more active now, because there used to be a lot of ladies on there trying for #2 (I used to lurk). I feel like we've run across this problem a couple of times recently where those trying for #2 don't have anywhere to go.

Maybe a change of siggy would help but I still think that it's hard to see those trying for #2. Not to say that they don't belong here, maybe they do, but I personally have a hard time with it so I often don't open their posts. That might be my problem though.

Dx: High FSH, stage IV endo, homozygous C677T MTHFR and PAI-1
    Early loss 10/08
    Lap 1/09
    IVF #1 "natural IVF" - 1 egg retrieved, missed m/c
    Tried several mini-stim cycles with no response
    Switched clinics - dx'd as carrier for Fragile X
    IVF #2 MDL protocol Jan/Feb converted to IUI, BFN
    IVF #2 take 2: Antagonist, one embie, BFN
    IVF #3: Antagonist, no fertilization
    One last ditch effort at OE IVF (antagonist with Clomid) cancelled
    DE cycle #1 Jan/Feb 2011, BFP, ectopic
    DE cycle #2 June/July 2011 - BFP
    10/28/11 Baby girl lost at 17 weeks due to pre-term labor. We love and miss you.
    DE cycle #3 June/July 2012 - BFP, twins, both heartbeats stopped, D&C
    2 frosties but don't know what's next
    FET Dec 2012: BFP! Praying this one sticks for the long haul!
  • imagemay2806:
    imageGregermis:

I do agree that secondary IF is a different thing. I wish that SAIF was more active now, because there used to be a lot of ladies on there trying for #2 (I used to lurk). I feel like we've run across this problem a couple of times recently where those trying for #2 don't have anywhere to go.

Maybe a change of siggy would help but I still think that it's hard to see those trying for #2. Not to say that they don't belong here, maybe they do, but I personally have a hard time with it so I often don't open their posts. That might be my problem though.

I don't think it is just you May.  I agree that Secondary IF isn't right place for those that had primary IF.  I think the ladies need to revive SAIF so they have somewhere to go. I get that they need a place to go and bounce stuff off. I just don't think it should be at our expense because people abandoned SAIF.  I have enough trouble seeing babies IRL and don't need it here in our "safe" place.

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

• imageMrs.McIrish:
    imagemay2806:
    imageGregermis:

I don't think it is just you May.  I agree that Secondary IF isn't right place for those that had primary IF.  I think the ladies need to revive SAIF so they have somewhere to go. I get that they need a place to go and bounce stuff off. I just don't think it should be at our expense because people abandoned SAIF.  I have enough trouble seeing babies IRL and don't need it here in our "safe" place.

I do agree on the trouble seeing babies, any chance you'd considering changing your siggy SkyBee?  Your baby is awfully cute, but...

TTC #1 Since 4/2010, Cycle 30
    Positive for HLA-B27, I'm a mutant :p
    Testing - Me ok, gluten issue? DH - borderline count, low motility
    4/28/11 IUI#1 = BFP!(5/25), EDD 2/2/12 - m/c 5w3d
    7/3, 7/31, 9/25 - IUI#2-4=BFN
    IVF#1 - 1 blast = BFP!! (12/30), EDD 9/9/12, confirmed c/p 4w2d
    FET#1 3/2/12 - 2 blasts =BFP!! EDD 11/18/12, us#1 = twins! Confirmed m/c 5w6d
    4/20-surprise BFP and another c/p 4w2d
    FET#2 7/16/12 - 2 blasts = BFN
    FET#3 8/20/12 - 1 blast - BFP!! Beta #1-2=177, 354
    1st u/s 5w6d, one beautiful little HB :), 2nd u/s 146bpm
    baby girl born 5/10/13

TTC#2 since 12/17/2014, Cycle 8
    Repeat Testing...FSH=12, AMH=3.8, AFC=28. 
    IUI#5 5/10/15- c/p?
    IVF#2 8/19/15 - cancelled due to cysts
    IVF#2 take two 10/2015 - 5 blasts frozen
    FET#4 12/11/2015 - BFN - 4 blasts remaining
    FET#5 2/18/16 - BFP!!!  Beta1-3, 126, 250, 745!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tons of love and ((hugs)) to my IF sister NMscubagirl

• I'm late to this discussion, but I don't think it's the siggy that bothers me. I don't mind seeing the children of other Vets who have succeeded and are still a part of this board because I know them and their struggles and am happy they finally met success. What bothers me is that SkyBee never intro'd or explained her dx before posting questions, and hasn't offered support to others. I consider that poor etiquette.
    TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • imagemtlaurel:
    I'm late to this discussion, but I don't think it's the siggy that bothers me. I don't mind seeing the children of other Vets who have succeeded and are still a part of this board because I know them and their struggles and am happy they finally met success. What bothers me is that SkyBee never intro'd or explained her dx before posting questions, and hasn't offered support to others. I consider that poor etiquette.

My sentiment exactly.  From start to finish.

Countless BFN(s)
    Moving to IVF

IVF1 (ICSI): Long Lupron
    6R. 3F. 3DT. 8Cell 1Grade 2Embies. 1Frostie.
    Beta 1/22: 14 Beta 1/24: 24 Beta 1/26: 28
    Round One Result: Chemical Pregnancy

Pressing Forward

IVF2 (ICSI/AH/ACU): Microdose Lupron Flare
    13R. 11F. 5DT. 2TFR'ed. 1Frostie.
    Round Two Result 4/30: Harsh BFN

FET. 2TFR'ed.
    Round Three Result 6/25: BFN
    Where do we go from here?

Moving forward with CCRM in 2013
    ODWU revealed blocked tube(s). Lap 2/15.
    Bilateral Tubal Ligation. Stage IV Endo.
    Finally some (tough) answers.

IVF3 (ICSI/CCS): Antagonist with EPP
    13R. We have 3 CCS Normal Embryos!

Lupron Depot: May 2013 to August 2013
    Long awaited FET on 9/3. 2TFR'ed.
    BFP on FRER 5dp5dt: IN SHOCK!
    Beta1 9/10: 152.7! Beta2 9/12: 378! Beta3 9/14: 1224! 

1st ultrasound 10/1: TWO beautiful heartbeats!  Overjoyed!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"