Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

When did LO move to 1 nap?

My twins have are on a 2-nap schedule. Lately, though, I'm finding that they're sleeping a little longer at night (maybe 30+ minutes more) and taking FOREVER to fall asleep for naps. Usually they eventually fall asleep for an hour or more, although it can take 45-60 minutes for them to fall asleep. Occassionally they just won't fall asleep. Their cribs are end to end, and both boys are finally pulling up and crusing. They spend quite a bit of time "chatting", passing lovies back and forth, standing and whacking each other, etc. We have a SMALL house, so I'd really rather not separate them if I don't have to (although I guess I could put them on separate walls in their room).

I guess I just can't tell if their newfound interaction is what's interfering or whether they're ready to move to just one nap. When did your LO move to one nap, and how did you know it was time?

TTC for 3 years. Finally successful after 5 IUIs and 2 cycles of IVF. Our amazing twins were born 5 weeks early on 8/16/11. Found out April 2012 that our di/di twins are ID.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: When did LO move to 1 nap?

• eb1113eb1113 member

DD moved to 1 nap this spring, maybe sometime in May. She kind of transitioned herself.  She was fighting the naps.  DD was the same way.  She would take forever to fall asleep.  The sitter often just went in and got her because of how long it was.

Now, she almost always goes down right away and sleeps at least 2 hours.  Also, she's been getting around 11 hours at night.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Around 16 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • DD switched to 1 nap earlier than most- at 13 months.  It might be worth trying a couple naps with them separate (maybe one in a PNP in your room?) and see how they do.  I know my cousin with twins separates hers.  
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just after she turned 12 months. 1 nap is SO awesome!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • lynseflynsef member
    Both DD and DS moved to 1 nap around 11 months of age. DS is 14 months and will sometimes still take 2 naps if we have a particularly busy day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD was 12 months. DS just recently dropped at 17 months but busy days (like today) he will do two short 20 min naps in the car. 
  • 12 months, but that's because she was in Child care that only allowed 1 nap.

But I let her have 2 naps on the weekends until 15 months. :)

• We just moved to one nap at 21 mos but we're late. Most kids, if not forced to switch earlier by daycare, transition between 15 and 18 mos.
    image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My LO is 14 months old and still takes her 2 naps a day, so I know I'm not much help. But I wanted to say I literally LOLed when I read how they pass lovies and whack eachother. SO cute and funny.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My son is 17 months. He started 1 nap at 14 months, but occasionally would take 2. By 15 months he was 1 nap that is 2 or 3 hours long! His bedtime is 9 and he sleeps till 9 or 10. he's a good sleeper
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"