Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Bath seats

I was just wondering if anyone uses a bath seat for bath time or what you use when they grow out of the infant tub?  DD can sit up on her own pretty well but I would like something to kind of hold her in place when we start putting her in a the real bathtub, as she is not completely stable yet. I saw some bath seats on amazon that suction to the tub but review are mixed. Any advice? thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Kansas City Mamas

Re: Bath seats

• Options
    We used the inflatable duck tub which helped support her back and side of her legs since the opening was pretty small. Once she was really sitting up good, we just moved her to the regular tub with a tub mat, which helps to keep her from sliding around. My niece has a little seat with suction cups for her son who isn't sitting up yet and they seems to really like it.
  • Options

So first of all, I love your LO's picture in your siggy! What a doll! To answer your question, this is the tub that I have, it fits inside your current tub, the bottom is inflatable so it's squishy on baby's bum, it has a drain inside that you just pop open when you are done so it's easy to take care of, AND you can fold the legs in and the tub itself in half, it's soo easy to store! The bottom can incline and slant so if your LO is just learning to sit up, it's safe for them. DD loves this and never wants to get out. I think it's a great step towards the big tub. :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We also had the inflatable duck tub. Someone gave it to me, otherwise I might have chosen something else. It worked really well, though, and DS kind of lounged against the side. We stopped using it when he was around 9.5 months old because he wanted to climb out and into the regular tub. DS is very active and curious and wants to get into everything...so if your DD is the same way, a small tub might not be the way to go.

Also, DS is a little big for his age (85% or so percentile) and the inflatable tub was getting a bit small for him at 9 months.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I have a plastic bath seat that suctions to the tub that i ordered from diapers.com.  DD LOVES it.  She really enjoys bathtime in her seat.  The only problem is that without the seat she hates the tub and will scream and cry
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think the First Years Bath tub is the best ever.  There's three positions that baby can be in while in it.  I think it's definitely worth th $20 at Walmart for it.image

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    imageladybugpjb:

We also had the inflatable duck tub. Someone gave it to me, otherwise I might have chosen something else. It worked really well, though, and DS kind of lounged against the side. We stopped using it when he was around 9.5 months old because he wanted to climb out and into the regular tub. DS is very active and curious and wants to get into everything...so if your DD is the same way, a small tub might not be the way to go.

Also, DS is a little big for his age (85% or so percentile) and the inflatable tub was getting a bit small for him at 9 months.

We are going through this now--we JUST bought the duck tub last weekend and I wish we hadn't.  DS is almost 9.5 months old and way too active and curious and tries to crawl out, and the tub seems unstable and he kind of rolls around and it takes 2 of us to handle him which makes me extremely nervous.  He actually cries and whines in it now, where before in his whale tub (plastic) he loved his baths but he seemed cramped in the legs so we wanted to upgrade.  I wish I had seen this post before we got the duck tub! 

(Same birthday, 2 years apart!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"