March 2013 Moms

10 Things Thursday!

Let's hear them. Any 10 things you want to tell us!
May PAL Siggy Challenge - Mom Humor
TTC Since June 2009 
BFP #1 - 1/15/12, EDD 9/21/12, Missed M/C - 2/10/12 - I miss you Sapphire!

BFP #2 - 7/1/12 - Met my lucky charm Alexandra on 3-16-13!!!

image image image 
AL always welcome! 

Re: 10 Things Thursday!

• Ummmmm  alrightie... Here goes

1) I really want some Five Guys right now.

2) My DD is asleep on my lap.

3) My hubby is in the Marines.

4) I also really want a DQ blizzard. Lol

5) I have 2 male great Danes who weigh about 150 each.

6) I'm originally from Oregon. Go Ducks!

7) I despise laundry.

8) I love sushi.

9) My guilty pleasure  tv show is Jersey Shore.

10) I gained 75lbs with my first pregnancy so I probably should not eat any of the things I listed!! Don't worry... I lost all the weight. ;) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. It is very hard to come up with 10 different things for both the March board and PgAL so I may have to use some twice!

2. I am going to be sad when swimming is over at the Olympics. That and gymnastics are my favorite sports to watch. At least there will be beach volleyball still.

3. I'm hungry right now, but nothing sounds good to eat. This keeps happening and I really wish I had a craving for something specific.

4. I love to travel and wish I had a big trip planned. We were in Hawaii in June but it seems like a year ago! Next weekend we are going to San Diego for a few days so that will be nice.

5. I am avoiding seeing a lot of my friends because I know the first question will be how the baby making is going and we are just not ready to tell them.

6. I have to go in next week to set up my classroom for the year. My mom is going to help me with all the heavy stuff. At least I was able to leave everything on the walls and mostly just have to arrange furniture, etc. We do not have any scheduled teacher prep days this year due to the budget and furlough days.

7. Update to # 3 above - Ice cream sounds really good right now, but can I eat it for breakfast?!

8. I seem to be getting heartburn with everything I eat! I am very thankful for Tums!

9. I need to get a new desktop computer but am trying to hold off until Windows 8 comes out this fall.

10. DH left me a to do list for today so I better get to work on it!

May PAL Siggy Challenge - Mom Humor
    TTC Since June 2009 
    BFP #1 - 1/15/12, EDD 9/21/12, Missed M/C - 2/10/12 - I miss you Sapphire!

BFP #2 - 7/1/12 - Met my lucky charm Alexandra on 3-16-13!!!

image image image 
    AL always welcome! 

• Loading the player...
  • 1. I can't wait for my u/s monday!

2. I miss my dd(she has her summer visit with her dad)

3. I'm thinking about calling into work Saturday lol

4. Me and dh can't agree on a boys name to save our lives 

5. After u/s monday, we are telling our parents :)

6. I'm so tired throughout the day I put my head down numerous times on my desk

7. I should go to the gym tonight, but not sure that's going to become a reality 

8. I burp like a man all the time now..its quite attractive

9. I need to get my couponing back on track, I'm tired of seeing them on my table in piles

10. Tomorrow is Friday, yayy!!! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker image
    1. Can't wait for my next U/S Aug 23
    2. I have 4 cats (DH cleans the litterboxes...Ha!)
    3. Right now my coworker pissed me off royally because she is just rude
    4. I have bought some baby clothes already
    5. DH is 100% Polish....was born there and lived there for 5 years
    6. I have been getting the worse headaches ever now!
    7. No real bad symptoms....occasional M/S
    8. I went through 2 IUI's and 1 successful IVF to even get to this point
    9. My niece has Type I diabetes
    10. I am just loving life at the moment
    party-fails-crunk-critters-bruce-isnt-good-with-tequila
    see more After 12
    Just because something isn't happening for you right now doesn't mean it will never happen.
    IUI #1 - BFN IUI #2 - BFN
    IVF - Starting injects May 25 IVF #1 - BFP!
  • 1. I get to take a nap in about 15 mins.  Very, very excited.  

2. We have a get together with an old friend tonight - at Skyline.  Ugh.  It's not typically my favorite place to eat at (i can tolerate it) - but my H loves it (he's from Cincy) and so we have to go there.  I just browsed their menu for something I could handle with all the sickness/nausea and there was nothing on there that looked remotely appetizing.  Oh well...I'll get a sprite and eat at home.

3. I despise packing and weighing bags to make sure they are under the weight limit.  

4. (Along with 3) I despise trying to figure out what I want to take over to Kenya with us for the next 3 years vs what I want to leave here in the States.

5. I broke out a maternity top today for the first time to wear around the house.  Very comfortable.  I still won't wear it out in public yet - my clothes are still good - but man, this is very nice :)

6. Our car broke down (again) yesterday.  Car problems are no fun at all.

7. I'm not too excited about going to see a new OB in town.  I miss my MW in FL.  I wish she would be the one to deliver this next little one.  

8. I had a great lunch that I think might sit well with me (grapes, pita chips, cherry tomatoes, & apple slices)

9. I want a date with my H.  It's been way too long (months and months).  We've been just too busy with this upcoming move.  

10. Ok, I just saw a friend's pic on FB of my fave sushi place in FL and now I want sushi.  Grrr.  

• imagemrskitton:

My next one is August 23rd also! Can't wait : )

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. I am a first time mom, first time pregnancy and I am happy and nervous all at the same time.

2. I married my best friend, some days I can't believe I have only known him 3 1/2 years - I feel like I have known him forever.

3. I was a military brat. I was born in California, and lived in Nebraska and Hawaii before moving to Alabama when I was 13. I have been here ever since.

4. My dad was diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor a week and a half after my wedding (found on on our honeymoon) he died 55 days later.

5. I really just wish my dad was around to be a grandpa again. He would have been soo thrilled.

6. I am the youngest child but feel like I am the parent to my mom, my sister and her family.

7. My husband and I worked for the same company, in the same building, for 7 years ...and we met online.

8. I just called the Dr to ask to be prescribed something for nausea because it is JUST NOT GOING AWAY!

9. I should be working on a project right now but I am just too sick to my stomach and brain dead to even try.

10. We are driving 5 hours tomorrow to see DH's brother, SIL and niece...I am scared to death of being in the car for that long feeling this nauseous! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 1. I think I need to start a blog called "Sh!t my coworkers say".  These guys are so funny.

2. Referring to #1, today I got a group instant message that says "I have a strange, but valid question. When a werewolf changes from a man to a wolf, he grows hair. What happens to all that hair when he changes back to a man??"  I told them it sheds like a dog.

3. Also referring to #1, last week, I got an email with the subject line "It puts the lotion on it's skin".  The email was this guy explaining that he stopped by my desk and borrowed my lotion because his sunburn was peeling, then he said he'd pay me back with hand sanitizer.  lol

4. I have a really busy August ahead of me.  Vacation from the 6th to the 13th.  Wedding anniversary on the 14th.  Krisztina33's birthday on the 17th.  First appt on the 23rd.  My birthday on the 25th.

5. Unfortunately I have zero birthday plans so far.  Last year we hung out a bar, not doing that this year.  My family is 2.5 hrs away, but DH has to work the weekend, so I don't want to leave him.  I just don't know what to do.

6. My brother is getting married at the beginning of September and his last wedding blog post said "I like to keep her around because we have the same blood type".

7. Referring to #1 and #6, I have some strange but hilarious people in my life.

8. We got our puppy in January, and this will be the first time boarding him for our vacation, and I feel so guilty!  I can't imagine the guilt I'll feel when I have to drop off the kids at daycare!

9. I didn't eat what I packed for lunch, and went and got a thousand calorie drive thru meal.  Again, so much guilt!

10. I don't think I repeated anything I put on the PgAL 10 Things.  YAY!

*** aka: andreahshields ***

*** July Siggy Challenge - Cake Wrecks ***

BFP#1 3/8/12; diagnosed w/ Anencephaly at 12w6d; D&C 5/9/12
    BFP#2 7/18/12; A/S 10/26/12 It's a Girl! EDD 3/29/13
    Phoebe Jordan Born 3/20/13

imageimage
  • 1.  I wanna burp and can't.

2. Totally torn between wanting a girl and wanting a boy:  Girl because we have a girl so we'd have the "stuff," but boy because I can't think of any more girl names I like.

3. Afraid my bloat will be seen as PG-ness and people will start asking before I'm ready to start talking, so I'm always trying to suck it in.  It's not working.

4. Tomorrow is my last day at work --I'm a temp while the hubby is home on summer vacay with DD.

5. I plan to try my sister's Egg Salad Strategy to cheat on my GD test since I had it with #1 (as did she, and she claims that's how she beat it with #2).

6. I whistle to this LO his/her own theme song.

7. Secretly excited to be going to a costume party this weekend, while also pretending it's kinda cheezy that my friend, who is turning 30, is requiring all celebrants come in a themed costume. 

8.  I can do six degrees of separation from Dr. Who to the Wiggles in just one step.

9. If LO is in fact a girl, that will bring the "cousin count" at Christmas to 7 girls, 0 boys.

10. Wants a smoothie.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageSamanthaKate85:
    imagemrskitton:

My next one is August 23rd also! Can't wait : )

Me too!  But this will be my first appt.  I'll be on the look out for both your updates on that day.

imageimage
  • imagedaylights1:

4) I'm really bummed out that my DVR did not record SYTYCD last night.  WTH am I going to do?

Fox.com will have last night's episode.  That's the way I've been watching since I don't have cable.

imageimage
  • 1.) I want Olive Garden Braised Beef and Tortellini sooooooo bad.

2.) I also want a cheeseburger.

3.) My DH let me sleep in today which was amazing. I slept until 11:20am.

4.) I like the smell of coffee, but can only drink it with a ton of cream and sugar to mask the flavor.

5.) My DH is awesome, for he is going to get a cheeseburger for me.

6.) I got a gel manicure last week and it is not lasting at all. The girl did not do a good job.

7.) I feel so different from my pregnancy with DD, it's kind of scaring me.

8.) We're going to see the new Batman movie with friends tonight. I'm pretty excited.

9.) I love my mini dachshunds ears.They're so soft.

10.) I'm so ready for my first dr. appointment to get here. 

• I'll play today....

1.  I think this one is a girl, but I don't know if that's my true gut feeling like it was for a boy with my first (I was right), or if it's just because I really want a girl this time.

2.  My 1 year old has his first modeling job tomorrow and he'll make more money in one hour than I make in 3.  

3.  I have my first olympic distance triathlon this weekend and I'm scared as hell, even though I know I've been training well for it.

4.  I can't wait until September 24, because all triathlon and running events will be done and I can finally relax.

5.  I'm doing a "Taco Ride" tonight which entails riding 10 miles to some small town, eating tacos (some will drink margaritas), and riding back.  Should be fun.

6.  I never thought I'd be living in Nebraska again and actually considering buying a house and staying here for a while.  Crazy talk!

7.  My house is a pit and I don't have time to clean until Saturday afternoon...it will drive me crazy until then.

8.  I love DS SO much it's ridiculous... he makes me laugh every day and he now knows what "hugs" means.  I say, "Give me a hug", and he wraps  his arms around me and puts his head on my shoulder....  swoon.

9.  I'm so excited to be having another spring baby!  I think they're the best!

10.  I can't wait until next Friday to have my first ultrasound.  Please let the next 7 days fly by......

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 1. I go for an early US today at 3:45. Scared shitless does not even describe it.

2. I am hungry all the time

3. I feel like I will throw up all the time.

4. Nothing seems appealing to eat, as a result, I remain hungry feeling as if I will throw up.

5. I found out today at an internal exam (suspected ectopic pregnancy, turns out it's just weird cramps) that i have a tilted uterus.

6. Shipping off to Boston tomorrow for the weekend!

7. Going to my first Red Sox game on Sunday

8. I can't wait to buy little bean Boston sports gear...may have to pick up my first pieces this weekend!

9. I have four cats also.... they are our babies

10. I have a killer cold, that gave me an excuse to call out of work today and tomorrow. Yay!

• 1. I am SOOOO bloated, or am I just getting fat.

2. I just finished a huge lunch, and feel like I could still eat.

3. My mom just told me she let the cat out of the bag and told my aunt.

4. I could use a nap.

5. I don't want to be at work.

6. I will blame my mother if there is more than one baby in there; since she's convinced I'm having twins.

7. I wish I could tell everyone, but I want to know there is a healthy baby in there first.

8. I'm planning to play in a bocce ball tournament on Monday (a Canadian holiday)

9. Counting down the minutes to my u/s and then the start of my vacation.

10.  Did I mention I could use a nap!

*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • 1. We have had 3 m/c so we are really hoping for a sticky one

2. My DH and I are both divorced

3. We have 3 wonderful children (one is bio mine)

4. I only puked once today

5. My m/s is the worst at night

6. I am already wearing maternity clothes (I think it's all the pregnancies)

7. Popsicles seem to help the m/s

8. puking at work is the pits

9. My dr that delivered my ds is retiring so I need to find a new on :(

10.  I can't wait to be a watermelon

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. I had my first ultrasound today and got to see the baby's heartbeat!!

2. Now that we've had out first Dr. appt, we're telling our parents and siblings this weekend!

3. I'm getting married in 44 days!!!

4. I just had the best grilled cheese of my entire life. (all i've wanted these days is grilled cheese and soup)

5. We decided on names today but are planning on keeping them a secret until the baby is born. 

6. We're moving in two weeks and thanks to the little one, I don't have to move any boxes :)

7. If it's a boy the nursery will be done in sailboats. (not sure what we'll do if it's a girl)

8. I learned to knit this week and am making a baby blanket.

9. My back hurts...all the time. and my boobs are frighteningly large.

10. I'm keeping a journal that I write to baby in. Might make a good gift when they're older.  

• 1.  I was finally hungry for lunch, ate an apple, string cheese, and 4 perogies.

2.  Now my stomach hurts!

3.  Today was my last day teaching summer school.

4.  I have more than 3 weeks off before school starts!

5.  I read the results for gymnastics at the Olympics already because I know I will fall asleep before it is over.

6.  I have about 10 young adult books that I need to read in the next couple of weeks.  Better start reading!

7.  Oh, I just remembered that I need to go to the food store to get lunch stuff for DH's lunch tomorrow.  

8.  I think I'll go to the store and then take a short nap.

9.  I didn't drink it too often, but I miss Red Bull.

10. My 1st u/s is at 6 pm tonight! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• 1.  I just stuffed our mailbox SO full of boxes.  Dh sells Batman themed Lego stuff on Ebay and he sold a ton in the last few days.

2.  Batman is dh's absolute favorite thing!  He's seen the new movie twice already (so have I, but we've had to see them seperately).  He MUST see it in IMAX because it was ridiculously awesome.

3.  I planned on doing homeschool stuff through the summer here and there, but between VBS requiring us to take a week off and this lovely m/s, it's just not happened.  So we reminded the kids that they are having a "normal" summer break and to be thankful for it.  They usually complain that they don't get all the time off that other kids do.

4.  I still haven't told my bff that I'm pg.  She's had so many heartbreaking losses in the last year (including a ruptured ectopic on her son's 2nd birthday that just about killed her).  I don't want to crush her, but I know I need to tell her sometime soon.

5.  I bought some pizza rolls yesterday while grocery shopping because I dreamed about them the night before.  They were good, but not as wonderful as the dream.  However, they are now my almost 6yo's favorite new food.

6.  For this pg, I'll be pregnant for ALL of our birthdays!  Dh's birthday was days after conception (so I had no clue yet), dd1's birthday is in 2 weeks, ds1's birthday is 4 weeks after her's, my birthday is 6 weeks after that, ds2's birthday is 5 weeks after mine, and dd2's birthday is 4 weeks after that.  The baby is due 10 weeks after dd2's birthday.  We have a lot going on between now and January!  Phew.

7.  We picked out a boy name and a girl name before this pregnancy.  Ds2 was the only baby not named before being conceived.  We couldn't come up with a name for him until I was 31w pg.  And he was born less than 5w later!  That was too close for my comfort.

8.  I am having a hard time with the thought of turning 30 in a few months.  I started K when I was 4, and so I've always been younger than everyone, but now I'm getting older!  It's just really hard to wrap my brain around it.  I still feel 23 darn it!

9.  Dh is getting ready to start Bible school because we've both felt a pull to mission work.  Dh is thinking eastern Europe maybe.  We'll see!  We're excited.  It should take him 2 years to do his coursework.  He's interning under our church's pastor that is over mission work.

10.  We haven't spoken to my parents in 2 1/2 years.  It's great.  My mother was emotionally, verbally, mentally, and sexually abusive to me as a kid, and still abusive as an adult.  My father just watched it all happened and did nothing to protect me, and even joined in on the emotional/verbal/mental abuse when I was an adult.  My little brother (he'll be 28 in a few months) is the "golden child" despite dropping out of school after flunking pretty much everything (not unintelligent, just lazy) and never holding a job for more than a year.  He thinks it's his right to drive drunk, do drugs, mooch off others (he's lived on friends' couches for most of his adult life) and he says horrible, horrible things about people of other races.  It's disgusting and I'm so glad that I was finally strong enough to disconnect from them.  My kids do not need to grow up around that crap.

• 1. I can't wait for my first appointment next Thursday!  Keeping my fingers crossed for a strong hb.

2. My DD should be getting up from her nap any minute, which I'm dreading b/c I'm too tired to run around after her.

3. I'm half-watching Bridesmaids for the umpteenth time and can never get enough.

4.  I want to keep the sex of this baby a surprise until the birth.

5. We are quickly running out of room in our house and will either have to move or build- ughhh!

6. I have one more month before school starts and I have to go back to work teaching.  I live for the summers!

7. I'm hoping I can stay awake to watch gymnastics tonight.

8. I so want a Diet Coke with lime right now, but I'll settle for ice water.

9.  I think I'm a genius because I fixed our ice machine in the freezer the other day after being broken for 2 weeks.

10.  Crap, DD is awake!

• 1.  I'm REALLY hoping this is a boy so I can step on action figures, not barbies, and have him wear little man ties and paperboy hats.  If it's a girl, I'll still teach her how to through a football but I'll let her wear a tutu everywhere.  

2.  Totally craving cheesy Tuna Helper with peas.  Before being pregnant I loved kale chips, tofu everything, and seaweed.  Now it's kinda blech! 

3.  I'm praying every day that this baby is healthy.  At 37 it really scares me.  

4.  With my 1st marriage I was a stay at home mom for 5 years.  I'm the bread winner now and my husband teaches 9 hrs a week so he'll be primarily staying home with the baby.  I need to find a way to channel my jealousy.

5.  I love my two daughters more than life itself.  And I am worried sick about running out of time with them before they leave the nest.

6.  I wouldn't mind being a cat lady in my 70's.   

7.  I wish I would slow down in life and do more volunteer work.  

8.  Bloat sucks.  Heaving 12 times a day sucks more.

9.  I want to go swimming at my brothers SO BAD, but I'm avoiding them for the next month because I don't want them to know I'm pregnant until after 1st Tri.

10.   My brother will go NUTs when he finds out I'm pregnant.  His 3 kids are under 4.  Mine are 16 and 14.  

John & Katherine, sittin' in a tree, . . . . Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • 1. I just got new boots in the mail and they've made my day.

2. All I want to do after work is go home and snuggle with my dog.  He's been extra sweet since I've gotten pregnant.

3. I want a glass of wine.  Or three.  So bad.

4. I'm nervous to tell my mom I can't travel with her at Christmas.  She's going to be really upset.

5. I love giving gifts.

6. I'm terrified that I won't be able to find daycare.

7. I could live on bread and cheese.  

8. My H does all of the cooking, I do all the baking.

9. I work for a well known clothing brand.

10. I drink a Pepsi with breakfast every morning.  But that's my only one all day!

1. I want Ina Garten to come and be my personal pregnancy chef.  I am watching her show and everything looks delicious!
    2. DD is napping for the first time in 3 weeks and I am so appreciative of the down time from answering her rapid fire questions.
    3. I am getting antsy for my first appointment on the 14th.  This next week and a half is going to take FOREVER!
    4. I feel like I am going to gain twice the amount of weight this time than I did last time since I am craving carbs and protein.  Le sigh.
    5. I am dreading telling my mom about the pregnancy because she will try to become overbearing and uber involved.  Not to mention the discussion we will have to have about her not plastering it or vaguebooking it on FB to 700 random people I do not know.
    6. I am so ready for Fall and everything that comes along with it.
    7. I wish the construction in our neighborhood would stop so that it can be peaceful once again.
    8. Even though I don't need maternity clothes yet, I really want to go and buy some.
    9. I love fresh flowers in a vase in our dining room.
    10. I need to get myself to Nordstrom and find a better solution for covering my under eye circles.  STAT.
    DD #1 - 01.08
    DD #2 - 03.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"