Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Size 5 diapers for 20 lb baby?

DS has hovered around 20 lbs for the past 2 months in size 4 dipes. The past week we've had blowouts in all his dipes- swaddlers, cruisers and baby dry. Normally when the blowouts occur I move up in size but the size 5's start at 27 lbs and are huge on him!  Does he really need a bigger size or do I need to try different diapers?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Size 5 diapers for 20 lb baby?

• Options

My son is around 20 lbs and only in size 3 diapers.

• Options
    I would maybe try a different brand and see what that does.  Also, and I'm sure you are but should ask, are you making sure that the frilly parts around the legs are out?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageEveryNameIWantIsTaken:
    I would maybe try a different brand and see what that does.  Also, and I'm sure you are but should ask, are you making sure that the frilly parts around the legs are out?

Oh yeah...I always run my finger along each side and pull them out.  Good point though! Any brand suggestions?  I got some Huggies snug and dry and they felt like sand paper to me; I never even put them on DS.  And of course I got totally overwhelmed at BRU with all the options.   

• Options
    i think my DD is about 20 lbs. we use pampers sensitive. she is narrow though
  • Options
    The Huggies little movers are a bit softer than the snug and dry and I think they work well.  Neither of my kids have ever had a problem with them.  I also really like Luvs, they're cut more similar to Pampers but may be just different enough.
  • Options

imageEveryNameIWantIsTaken:
    The Huggies little movers are a bit softer than the snug and dry and I think they work well.  Neither of my kids have ever had a problem with them.  I also really like Luvs, they're cut more similar to Pampers but may be just different enough.

thank you :) 

• Options

Tiny is in size 4's and so is my almost 3 year old. It really has to do with the shape of the child. 

Tiny is a chunker and Buddy is skinny. But they are almost the same size around the legs and waist.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've had issues with my dd leaking in the night.  I had tried a size bigger and that didn't help.  I tried pampers baby dry, swaddlers, Huggies little movers, huggies slip ons, luvs...she leaked through them all.  My mom bought a box of huggies snug and dry on sale at target and I took a few to try and she hasn't leaked once! She gets put in one around 730 at night and is changed around 6 am.  It would be worth a shot! I know every kid is different though.  My cousin said she has had the best of luck using target brand diapers...
  • Options
    My son is big (26lbs) and in a size 4 Huggie Little Movers. We used Pampers exclusively until he hit 5 months because I thought they fit & blow outs were just a part of the deal. I wish I would've switched sooner. IMO Pampers are cut narrower and the Huggies fit his chub better. I can count on one hand how many blow outs we've had since switching. Good luck! I hope something works for you soon.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice. Looks like I'll try huggies little movers next with nice big onesies. :) but I think I'll use the size 5 on the plane tomorrow just to be safe!!
  • Options
    imageMrsMooney:

So DD is in size 3s and she is just under 20 lbs. a piece of advice I got on TB that really helped me last time was to look at onsie size too. I had some trouble with blowouts a while back when another bumpie said it might be her onsies. They were a little snug (she was in between sizes) and after putting her in bigger ones, I didn't have any more blowouts. 

When the onsies are a bit tight they can squeeze the diaper from the sizes or bottom and help cause blowouts. Just another thing to consider that I never thought of, but really helped me  

Ditto this... DS is getting close to going up another size in onesies and I've definitely noticed an increase in blowouts.  I have had good luck w/ Luvs and cruisers, not so much with baby dry or huggies (though I haven't tried them since he was about 1 month old) but its really about how they are built. I've read huggies are better for chunkier babies and pampers/luvs are better for long/lean.

• Options
    DD is just under 20 lbs and is a size 3, and honestly, she can still fit in a 2. We've used mostly Huggies Snug & Dry and have never had any problems. Typically, I put her up a size at night, but for now, we are sticking with size 3's for day and night.
  • Options
    imagelexi44:

My son is around 20 lbs and only in size 3 diapers.

mine too!
  • Options
    I was wondering the same thing! My DD is 20lbs and in size 4 pampers swaddlers. I'm pretty tired of the daily blowouts but I know it's due to her being on solids. I was also wondering if I need to go up to size 5 but then it might be way too lose around the legs.
  • Options
    My son is 21lbs, 7 months, and wears a size 4. I think 5s are way too big. My DS has blowouts no matter what size, maybe try another brand?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"