Health & Exercise

Bob stroller- Ironman or Revolution SE?

Hello- I am currently looking at jogging strollers and have cut the list to either the Bob Ironman or Revolution SE. I will be jogging on a compacted dirt towpath and paved trails. I am currently training for a marathon and will take my LO only on my short runs. I like how the ironman is specifically for running and the revolution b/c it is multi use. We do have a Chicco travel system as well. TIA!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Bob stroller- Ironman or Revolution SE?

• I have the SE and love it.  The only reason I didn't get the Ironman is because the front wheel cannot swivel.  At least with the SE, you have the choice of having it locked or letting it swivel.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I also have the SE and love the option to lock or unlock the front wheel. I would highly recommend it if you also want to be able to walk in your neighborhood or off road with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Can't speak for the Ironman, but I have the Revolution SE and LOVE it. And the front wheel can be fixed or swivel.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." x 2

• Thank you ladies! I ordered the Revolution SE last night, I can't wait to get it and be able to go on my short jogs :) 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageCARLY78:
    Thank you ladies! I ordered the Revolution SE last night, I can't wait to get it and be able to go on my short jogs :) 

This is what I plan on getting, but I've seen you shouldn't run with your baby until like 6 months+. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong on that? 

• imageajetter:

imageCARLY78:
    Thank you ladies! I ordered the Revolution SE last night, I can't wait to get it and be able to go on my short jogs :) 

This is what I plan on getting, but I've seen you shouldn't run with your baby until like 6 months+. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong on that? 

The  BOB manual suggests 8 months.

• imagePinkPeony6210:
    imageajetter:

imageCARLY78:

The  BOB manual suggests 8 months.

Correct. I personally would have ordered the Ironman if I were training for a marathon, it's more suited.

• I did short 30 minutes runs with my son in the Revolution SE at 5 months, and I just made sure the straps were tight and his head was secure, sometimes with an extra blanket.  Ask your doc, but you know better than what any manual can say if your child is ready or not.  
  • I received my stroller in the mail and from looking at it I am really satisfied with the choice I made. I am only using this for my short runs and I talked to my physician, she said it was ok to run with it. I found the car seat adapter at Target for $3! It was a return from their website, the clerk said it was the right price so I won't argue. DH, DD, and I are going on our first run tomorrow so we will see how it goes!
  • We have the bumble ride... The wheels are a little smaller than the bob but they are air filled and it is a jogging hybrid stroller. The sit also reclines all the way so you can fit a younger baby in it.... Check them out before you decide on the bob. It is also lighter weight! We have been using our Chicco carseat with it and can't wait to take her out and put her in the actual stroller part.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"