Breastfeeding

trying to increase supply

Im currently taking blessed thistle and fenugreek, I up'd my food and fluid intake and am double pumping after each feed (except overnight). Ive been doing this for 5 days now and still no improvement. My doc wants me to start on domperidone if no improvement by the 1 week mark. Any suggestions of what else I could try? I want to keep the domperidone as a last resort. Tia.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: trying to increase supply

• Eat oatmeal. Make lactation cookies. Both have helped me in the past. Also how much fenugreek are you taking? Possibly it isn't enough
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lost our first angel, 10/24/08 7w6d
    Proud mama to Cameron
    Lost our second angel, 2/16/11 8w
    Proud mama to Melanie
  • imageBabymamawithdrama:
    Eat oatmeal. Make lactation cookies. Both have helped me in the past. Also how much fenugreek are you taking? Possibly it isn't enough

This, exactly. It takes a lot of fenugreek to notice a difference in my case. At least 3 pills every time I eat or snack and three on the morning and night. I have heard fabulous things about lactation cookies. Have you met with an LC? I wouldn't trust my ob would a lot of BFing topics. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBabymamawithdrama:
    Eat oatmeal. Make lactation cookies. Both have helped me in the past. Also how much fenugreek are you taking? Possibly it isn't enough

I'm taking 5 caps of fenugreek 3x a day.  I'm making lactation cookies today, it's hard because i'm gluten intolerant and DS is MSPI.  Thanks for your reply!

BabyFetus Ticker

• imageeav2c:

imageBabymamawithdrama:

This, exactly. It takes a lot of fenugreek to notice a difference in my case. At least 3 pills every time I eat or snack and three on the morning and night. I have heard fabulous things about lactation cookies. Have you met with an LC? I wouldn't trust my ob would a lot of BFing topics. 

I saw a LC on Thursay and she recommended the Fenugreek and pumping post feeds.  I'm seeing her again tomorrow (1 week later) and she said if no improvement she agrees with pedi that I should start domperidone.  I'm trying out lactation cookies today!  Hopefully it helps...

BabyFetus Ticker

• you could try more skin to skin contact and frequent nursings when possible. also, you can try motherlove's goat's rue and mother's milk tea. good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"