1st Trimester
Options

Any young moms to be out there?

Im a 23 year old mom to be and moved 800 miles from everything I know to be with my husband. I've met a few people here but nobody I could ever see myself being "close" with. Its hard because people my age at work are total partiers and none of them are married OR have kids! Even though my husband is amazing I just want to talk to someone going through the same thing! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any young moms to be out there?

• Options
    I'm 22, and a military wife, over 2000 miles away from family.
  • Options
    Same here! I'm 24 and moving tomorrow almost 600 miles from my family. I'm 6 weeks pregnant and its the first grandchild for my parents, and great-grandchild for my grandparents. Its going to be crazy but my husband and I are looking at it as an adventure.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I definately admire military wives. Are you having a hard time with it?
  • Options
    imageCARunner:

Hello.  I am 27 (don't say I am not young ;)  )and me & my husband moved far away from home a few years back. It was the hardest transition of my life.

My advice to you is to get involved in something -church, a mom's group, a hobby, something.  You will need support.  You will need a babysitter. :)

My husband and I have made a pretty decent circle of friends but even still it is difficult raising a child away from family.  

So get involved and give it time. 

Thank you! That's very helpful. I am involved in a church and am very fortunate to have a lot of people there who are going to be SO happy when we tell them the news!  It will just take some getting used to I guess. Making good friends is gonna be the hardest part but I will try to get involved in something :)

• Options

imagesmilygrl17:
    Same here! I'm 24 and moving tomorrow almost 600 miles from my family. I'm 6 weeks pregnant and its the first grandchild for my parents, and great-grandchild for my grandparents. Its going to be crazy but my husband and I are looking at it as an adventure.

Wow ours will be the first grandchild too. It will be an adventure! Are you more nervous or excited?  

• Options
    Im 18 years old, just graduated high school and got married. I also moved about an hour from everyone I know.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Im 23, and I am 3 floor away from DH's grandmother, 13 floors from my grandparents. 1.2 miles away from In laws and .6 miles away from my parents. lol It gets overwhelming at times 
    imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                                           Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I was 23 when DD was born, and even though my family is only an hour away I still felt pretty alone.  I tried joining a mom's group through meetup.com, but a lot of the moms were older than me and it just didn't really click.  I did however meet one girl my age in the group, and now we hang out a lot.  So I suggest checking that out, seeing if you can find people close to your age in your situation.

I won't lie, it is kind of tough sometimes, with not a lot of people around to talk to, but you will find someone.

• Options

Not currently PG, but I just gave birth 8 months ago...

I am happy you are trying to reach out to people, I know it can be scary but it will be the most stressful, crazy, AMAZING time of your life. I am 23 (24 in August) and married for 2 years. I am happy to answer any baby questions you have!

• Options
    I am 23 as well (24 this month). DH is an airline pilot & I currently work in healthcare but will become a SAHM in February. DH was recently transferred from Dallas to Chicago, & we made the difficult decision to move to Austin to be near family even though he will have to commute. Should make for some interesting adjustments!
  • Options
    I'm 24, will be 25 when the baby is born and all my family is in Ohio. I currently live in NC, my husband is also in the military. Eventually we'll be moving back to Columbus but we're on our own until then. The biggest suggestion I can give you is if you don't already work (that's where I made a lot of my friends) find something to participate in the community.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm not a young mommy anymore (will be 30 in a few months, sigh), but I was 20 when my first was born and 23 when my second was born.  It's so awesome to be a young mommy!  I get excited reading posts like this.  I never really connected locally with anyone, but I met a fantastic girl online when we were pregnant with my second/her first.  She is a few years younger than me, but she's super awesome.  We eventually moved 2 states north to be near her (about an hour away now).  I plan to join up with the new mommy group starting at my church in the fall because it's always nice to have someone to relate to.
  • Options
    i am 23
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• Options
    I am 24 now and was 22 when M was born. I am also a military wife. I loved the tri boards when I was pregnant with M. I learned a lot and felt a connection with the ladies that I didn't feel with anyone else at the time because I was new to AK and didn't really know anyone. GL and I hope you find this forum helpful!
    imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    nyki06nyki06 member
    I'm 24 and I'm pregnant with my second child, my daughter is almost 17 months. I would recommend taking the Early Childhood Family Education classes in your area. It really helps to connect. 
  • Options

imagehansonam446:
    I'm 24, will be 25 when the baby is born and all my family is in Ohio. I currently live in NC, my husband is also in the military. Eventually we'll be moving back to Columbus but we're on our own until then. The biggest suggestion I can give you is if you don't already work (that's where I made a lot of my friends) find something to participate in the community.

I just moved from Idaho to Ohio. Sorry, random I know.....Embarrassed

To OP all my family is still in Idaho my DH sister and mother live here but his sister is 17 and against ever having children, I have nobody here who is pregnant that I can talk to. It's been hard, but all 3 of my sisters have had children so I try to text or call them often to talk about symptoms or ask questions about their experience. It's not as good as being able to actually spend time but it is something....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

So glad I found people my age! :)

Almost been married 3 years now, I live 1,500 miles away from my family, and I'm 22 years old.  My baby is due a week or two before my 23rd birthday! 

Young and in Love.
    11.07.09 <3<BR> From Hightops to Flatlands: My Blog
    BabyFruit Ticker Labor Buddies! TheSinger & Jennery!
  • Options

I am 23 and will be 23 when baby is born, but I have family close. Ironically though, I have a much stronger bond with the family that I have gained with my church lately. Everyone is so supportive and I know I am almost always in prayer. I find that those friends are the most valuable to me and I made them by getting involved in our social ministries. Don't just wait for a freind to stumble upon you - go look for one! Try taking a birthing class or see if there are any new mom support groups that you can go to to meet people (your Dr. office might have a list)...

I hope you find comfort - it's not easy being pregnant and to be far away would be even more challenging. Good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm 19 and a military wife 1500 miles from my home, my husband is gone for about a month and I know absolutely no one out here so I can relate.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"