Babies: 6 - 9 Months

I know I shouldn't

compare my son to other babies but whenever I hear another parent say what their child of the same age is doing or I see other babies his age and they are doing things he is not I instantly start to panic!

my son is 8 months old (tomorrow) he army crawls, gets up on all 4s but does not really crawl that way, he sits on his own but can not get himself into this position, he can pull himself up to stand and walks while holding you and tries to walk while holding other objets. He talks up a storm and say dada, mamma and hi. He self feeds and eats/chews well. He does not wave or clap yet.

do these sound like normal good development for a child of his age? 

a friend of ours has a son the same age (2 days younger) and he crawls on all 4s, furniture surfs, claps, waves, but does not talk much, feed himself ect...

i guess maybe babies just focus on different things to learn at different times? i know i shouldnt worry so much but being a first time mom i cant help but do so..... 

Re: I know I shouldn't

• I really wouldn't worry about any of it.  I can speak from experience with crawling.  DS didn't crawl until 8.5 months, he never army crawled but went straight to all 4's.  DD was army crawling at 5 months, full on crawling at 6ish.  Even from the same parent they are so different.  As long as things are in the normal range, no worries.  I'm sure your pedi would let you know if something should be a concern as far as milestones go.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Both your LO and your friend's LO sound perfectly normal. Your pedi will let you know if there is a problem. 
    E 03.10
    H 11.11
    C 08.13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • That all sounds normal to me. 

My DD is 9 months old and not crawling yet. She prefers to scoot on her tummy or have you help her walk. 

Some babies skip crawling all together and walk first so crawling is not something to worry about.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know it's hard not to compare your baby to other babies.  I sometimes find myself comparing my twins to each other.  My girls do different things at different times.  One has her own version of crawling and the other does not crawl at all.  One has been sitting up by herself for a while now and the other just started doing it this week.  Every baby develops at such different rates.  From what you described it sounds like your lo is doing just fine.  I worry about my girls development all the time because we have a lot of friends and family around us that have babies that are a few months older then our girls and they all did things so much earlier then our girls.  Our Pedi is happy with how our girls are developing and I trust his judgement on that stuff 100%.  I just try to remind myself of that and of the fact that I do everything I can to help them develop all the skills they will need.  
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's hard not to compare, but I'll give you a good comparison, because if you compare your guy to mine, it'll make you feel like he's on track!

At 8 months, my son was not even army crawling.  Heck, he didn't even roll!  The week before he turned 9 months all of a sudden he started crawling everywhere and pushing himself up to sitting.  At that time he wasn't pulling up or babbling any consonant sounds.  In the past month he's started pulling up, cruising, babbling consonants, clapping, and waving at inanimate objects.  He'll be 10 months tomorrow and he's just started to point at things - although he does it with his whole hand.  Once they start going, it all happens really fast.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"