Postpartum Depression

A little jealous

First, I will admit that I have some form of PPD. I never thought I did, just thought it was the stress of being a FTM and thought, "hey, this is probably normal" just like my bf would tell me. But I think after sorting things out in my head, I figured it out but just never went to the dr to see if I indeed had it and needed meds.

Anywho, the reason I'm posting is because I feel like I'm a little jealous of the way my bf is with my son. I know we are not married and maybe it shouldn't be a big deal. We never really kiss anymore than a peck, it's been almost a couple of months since we've made love and it's just all getting to me. Plus probably the PPD (if that's even what it is) on top of that is just always making me moody and feeling worthless. I don't even see the point of talking anymore because we barely have time with each other. We both get home late and then having to take care of our 1yr old son is just stressful. But just seeing the way he smiles at my son and how he takes his time with him kinda makes me jealous. I know it's wrong but I feel so left out sometimes. I know it's his son but I just don't feel like he cares about me as much.

Just wanted to know if anyone has ever felt this way or know of anything that I could do! I really dont know if I would need counseling and at the same time I feel like it may be a waste of time....

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: A little jealous

• jw87jw87 member
    I think feeling that way is a bit normal, I know DH had those feelings about me and DS, he felt jealous a lot in the beginning, but soon you'll realize him loving your son IS loving you too. 

And honestly, as far as relationships go... the first year of your child's life is stressful on EVERYTHING!  So just know that.  We went to counseling when my son was about 6 months old.  We were sleep deprived, moody and just plain mean to each other a lot.... the counselor helped us solve a lot of our problems and communication errors and how to raise DS together instead of against each other. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"