February 2012 Moms
Options

Carter's Clothing Question

Hi all, so my MIL bought DD a bunch of 9 mo clothes, however she will be 9 mo in November & we live in Chicago - not sure what she was thinking. I would ask her where she got them but she doesn't answer my phone calls etc, nor does she ever provide a gift receipt. ANYWAY (that's a whole different post!) all of the clothes have these white labels over the carter's barcode, I can't figure out where she got them I tried the outlet and it's not from them - anyone have any ideas or seen this before? HELP I hate to waste good clothes!

Re: Carter's Clothing Question

• Options
    What does the Carter's tag say specifically? Child of Mine? That can help us tell you. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Does it say 9 mo on the tags and clothes? If so, that means it's 6-9 months. Carter's has weird sizing where they put the upper range number on it.

It could be from JCPenney, Kohl's, Sears, Target, even Wal-Mart has a Carter's division called Child of Mine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kohls? JC penney's
  • Options
    It's Carters, it's not an off brand for Target or Wal-Mart etc. it just has these weird white labels over the barcode etc. You can still see through it but it's so bizarre no IDEA where she got these clothes!
  • Options
    Even Costco has them. 
  • Options

Macy's puts white labels over the bartcodes, I think it's a way to specify exactly how much was spent on that one item. Try there maybe?

Carters "Child of Mine" is from walmart, and Carter's Just One You is from Target, but I don't think they put labels over the barcodes. 

• Options

Thanks everyone - just looked a little closer at the sewn in labels and they are spring 2011 samples? no idea where she got these - ugh one of them is even stamped SAMPLE like I'm going to put DD in something that says SAMPLE on it! 

Thanks for your help! 

• Options
    Are you sure they won't fit now? As PP said, Carters 9 mo = 6-9 mo...and their stuff usually shrinks in the wash. If you can't return them, try washing them with hot water & drying them on high - they might very well fit before the weather gets too cold.
    11 months old! #andintoeverything
  • Options
    Even if they are summer clothes, you can use a lot into the fall with layering.  Buy some long-sleeved onesies to layer under short sleeve onesies or dresses.  Short or skirts can be worn with baby leggings or thicker tights.  There are a lot of ways to stretch summer clothes into the next season.

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

• Options

imagekristin172429:
    Even if they are summer clothes, you can use a lot into the fall with layering.  Buy some long-sleeved onesies to layer under short sleeve onesies or dresses.  Short or skirts can be worn with baby leggings or thicker tights.  There are a lot of ways to stretch summer clothes into the next season.

Yes Regardless of season, I'll always buy short sleeve shirts and onsies I like for Eli because they can always be layered.

January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Options
    It sounds like you won't be able to return them so I'd try to use them now.  Carters 9month is for 6-9months.  My DS is 5months old but is wearing 9mo stuff already.  And you can certainly use clothes that are a little big.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I hate children's clothing ? sizing needs to be consistent. 9 in Carters = 6-9 months, not 9-12 months.
    < img width=300 src="http://tinyurl.com/as97yc8"1" /> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks everyone, I didn't realize that Carter's sizing for 9 mo really meant 6-9, still new to this whole thing :) 

Has anyone bought sample clothes for their little ones? The only thing that concerns me is there are labels on the clothing that says not for use or sale and they do not meet necessary standards. I know they are just clothes, but I don't want to put DD in anything that isn't up to par with the US standards for children's clothing. Maybe I'm overthinking but working in a buying office I know what our samples came in as and many of them weren't yet tested etc. Just curious what you all thought.

Thanks again for all your comments! 

• Options
    Well, sounds like you're stuck with the samples, but in the future if you have an iPhone there's an app called "Red Laser" (it's free). You can use it to scan barcodes and it will tell you where an item came from and who carries it locally. We have used it a lot with MIL's gifts. :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip I'll download it now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"