Success after IF
Options

Adoption and IVF at the same time

Hi ladies... Not sure where to post, but I thought I'd try here.  Like all of you I've been through the ringer with all things IF related.  I took a true break from it all and decided to pursue adoption.  After having a couple failed matches we decided to get back on the IVF horse one last time.  After a few hiccups we are on track to cycle next month.  Of course luck would have it that we got a call for a match!  The BM is due August 5.  This being said we potentially could have a 2-3 week old at transfer (we are using DE, so the only meds I'll be on will be Estrogen to thicken me lining and Lovenox) not to mention potentially 2 children just over 9 months apart!  I'm stressed to say the least, but it's finally a "good stress.".  Anyone have a similar experience or thoughts?  What other boards would be appropriate to post on?
 TIA 
After DX- IF 1996-16 years old; IVF 1 5/2009 BFP! ;MC- 8 W6d- 6/2009
DX w/ Protein S Deficiency and unexplained thin lining
Multiple D&C's, Hysterscopy for removal of Scar Tissue, Endometrial Biopsy, 3 BFN FETs, including a year of cancelled due to lining issues (ranging 4.5 to 6.4),
Procedure of arcuate uterus, Shocking lining development...9.2.
Moved on to adoption 3/2011
Homestudy approved! 6/27/2011
Forever matched! 7/17/2012
Precious baby boy born 7/30/2012
SAIF & PAIF Always Welcome

Re: Adoption and IVF at the same time

• Options

Wow, when it rains it pours right?  Congrats on your match.

I do not have a similar experience except that after our first miscarriage we decided to look into foster to adopt and then as I was filling out the paperwork I found out that I was pregnant.  I miscarried again but at that point we decided to try more treatment cycles and put the foster care on hold. 

I think what you're doing is exciting - perhaps a tad overwhelming - but exciting!  Two children in 9 months would be a lot of work but just think how wonderful it would be for your kids to grow up together and for each to know how very wanted they were. 

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    Oh I know we have one SAIFer like that and for the life of me can't remember her screen name. Let me head over to FB and alert her to this post:)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMrs.Babbsy:
    Oh I know we have one SAIFer like that and for the life of me can't remember her screen name. Let me head over to FB and alert her to this post:)

lrrb? :)

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Options
    imagealchris:

imageMrs.Babbsy:

yes, I could only remember her IRL name:) but she seems to be off FB

Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
  • Options
    imageMrs.Babbsy:
    imagealchris:

imageMrs.Babbsy:

yes, I could only remember her IRL name:) but she seems to be off FB

She has a new FB account, actually.  You can probably still find her, or I can let her know to check here if you'd prefer. :)

imageimageimage

• Options

That's very exciting!  It will be a lot to juggle, but I think I'd go for it!

I haven't done IVF so I have no advice on how recovery from a transfer with a newborn could be.  The adoption agency we selected won't let you continue with IF treatment once you sign up with them.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I sent a message to lrrb, just in case Babbsy couldn't find her.  I hope that's OK, Babbs! :)

imageimageimage

• Options
    Thanks ladies for your help with trying to put me in contact.  Talking to others who've experienced something similar may ease my nerves.  :)
    After DX- IF 1996-16 years old; IVF 1 5/2009 BFP! ;MC- 8 W6d- 6/2009
    DX w/ Protein S Deficiency and unexplained thin lining
    Multiple D&C's, Hysterscopy for removal of Scar Tissue, Endometrial Biopsy, 3 BFN FETs, including a year of cancelled due to lining issues (ranging 4.5 to 6.4),
    Procedure of arcuate uterus, Shocking lining development...9.2.
    Moved on to adoption 3/2011
    Homestudy approved! 6/27/2011
    Forever matched! 7/17/2012
    Precious baby boy born 7/30/2012
    SAIF & PAIF Always Welcome
  • Options

imagealchris:
    I sent a message to lrrb, just in case Babbsy couldn't find her.  I hope that's OK, Babbs! :)

No problem, I am bummed I am no longer friends with her or if I am I don't know what she is under. Gah, just when I am getting everyone straight:)

Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
  • Options
    jcathjcath member

That sounds like really exciting news!  Last year there was an article in the NY Times about "twiblings"  siblings that are born close together. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/02/magazine/02babymaking-t.html?pagewanted=all

I think there are lots of families out there in similar circumstances.  Best of luck 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hi, its me, LRRB!  I?m back haha.  Just had a CRAZY week and deleted my FB account and started a new one, so if you find me, friend me babs! =)  

Anywyas, I?m the one who has two children 5 months apart.  We were matched for a baby to be born in December (it was like September 07?).  In those months of waiting I still did fertility treatments and low and behold I got pregnant and it stuck.  CRAZY.  So I have two 4 year olds now.  They are only 5 months apart and will be in the same grade at school.  They are SOOOOO close and just adore each other, it was very hard as babies but now its the best thing that ever ever ever happened to me.  They are such a huge blessing.  If I were you, I would move forward with BOTH adoption and IVF.  You can?t go wrong, trust me.  I also have a set of 8 month old twins and having babies in two is pretty much the best thing that ever happened to me! =)))

GL sweetie! 

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

• Options

If you can afford to do both, I say go for it, though I would worry about getting pg with twins!   lol, but I have a friend with triplets, it's been done.

Good luck!!

Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"