Secondary IF
Options

Do you believe IUI's work?

Here is our background:

Got pregnant in '08 with our DS immediately and had a great pregnancy/delivery. When trying for #2 we were unable to get pregnant again. Had HSG done and my RE found that dye "pocketed" on one side of my uterus. He said this must be scar tissue and that I am "blocked" on one side. We did timed intercourse, Comid, Clomid +IUI and still nothing. RE suggested moving on to IVF and we became pregnant with twins. Sadly, we lost them at 18 weeks due to pre term labor. :( Went back to RE when I felt ready and had a FET that failed. Tried a fresh IVF cycle and it failed as well. 

DH and I decided to take a break from everything and try on on our own. First month no luck but my cycle was off from the medications anyway. I went for a second opinion on my case yesterday and the new RE thinks my HSG results look fine and that the pocketing of the dye is only b/c I was laying down!!??!?! She thinks I can absolutely get preg on my own! 

She is suggesting IUI's (at least 2 attempts) to increase our odds. I feel like I have been through hell and back and I'm wondering what the general feeling is on IUI's. I personally don't know anyone who got pregnant from one. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on their own cases. I'm on the fence on whether or not to try the IUI's or just see what happens for awhile.

Re: Do you believe IUI's work?

• Options
    They increase your chances of pg by 2-3%. If you had any MFI issues they can really help. But if you and YH have no medical issues you may want to just try on your own. Age is also a factor.

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
    10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
    IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
    Moving on to IVF in July
    37 with DOR...fabulous
    ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

• Options

I did three IUI's.  The first two were with Clomid/trigger.  They didn't work.  My third IUI was with injects and it more than worked.

We were unexplained but, AMA was a factor in my mind.

GL- 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our only issue is poor quality ovulation on my part.  My daughter was conceived via an injectable IUI (1st attempt).  And we're doing the same TTC#2.  I have to take meds to ovulate regardless and we feel the IUIs give us a better chance over TI
    Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • Options
    I know several people that have gotten KU from IUI's. Personally, I did 4 IUI's and never got pregnant. We ended up getting pregnant on our own. 
  • Options
    I got pregnant with DD from IUI #1 which was with clomid/iui cycle.  This time around while it is taking a little longer, but we are going to stick with just iui's.
    IUI#1= DD born 1.5.2011
    IUI #4 BFP EDD 5.5.2012 m/c 10/1/2012
    Surprise! BFP 12/4/12 EDD 8/8/2012
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Sorry I'm lurking here - I got pregnant with IUI #1 with my DD.  IUI plus Clomid.  

I tried 4 or 5 IUI's this time around with no success (IUI plus injectables).  When I went to my new RE, she suggested an HSG and was able to remove some blockage by doing the procedure.  The first IUI plus injectable after that worked!

I think it just depends on the cause (I have PCOS and DH has low sperm count) but I would trust your new RE.  Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageAbeille:
    Our only issue is poor quality ovulation on my part.  My daughter was conceived via an injectable IUI (1st attempt).  And we're doing the same TTC#2.  I have to take meds to ovulate regardless and we feel the IUIs give us a better chance over TI

This is us as well and I'm hoping for the same plan when we go back to the RE.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MPZ born June 2011
    TTC #2 ... Cycle 1-3: IUI = BFN | Cycle 4: IVF ... canceled but 3 snow babies
    Cycle 5: FET .. BFP! | EDD - 3/15/2014
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"