Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Sorry

I know I haven't been around much. I read almost every day, but I feel almost fake posting the same supportive response to everyone. I can't believe that it has almost been 9 months since I lost Andrew. I am more depressed now than ever especially watching everyone around me get pregnant with their rainbows. I never had an issue getting pregnant so I am really freaked out now that it isn't happening. I hate that there are new women joining us every week, if not every day. This should not be happening to so many of us. This has been rambling but I really do want to apologize for not showing more support. I feel selfish, but sometimes I have to take care of me first. I truly love you all and you know that I am here if anyone needs me. 
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

***Congratulations to my TTCAL buddy Roxyttandme!! It's a GIRL!! Charlotte arrived on 9/29!!!!***
PGaL/PAL Always Welcome!!

Re: Sorry

• Options
    Wow I feel the same way too. I'm not the only one! So don't worry, we all understand. *Hugs*
    Tim 12/30/00 Brad 4/30/02 Alex 9/29/03 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    ((hugs)). I'm sorry you have had such a difficult time. One of the reasons I love this board, though, is that you're never judged if you have to fall of the face of the Earth for a bit while you work through your own grief.

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had a really hard time at 8-9 months out and that is when I decided to see a grief counselor.  It helped me a ton.  I was fighting the anger stage as I did not want to be an angry person...and as a result was not making much progress.  A book called "Good Grief" helped me a lot too.  One thing it talked about was wanting to cling to grief to stay connected to the person you lost....I was doing that too.  I felt like if I didn't stay in that place I would lose her again in some way.  Like the grief is all I had with her, so I had to stay in it.  Reading that helped me.  

It will get better, I know it does not feel that way right now, but it will.  I miss my daughter every day and think about her all the time.  But I do not feel the dark despair that I can clearly remember at 9 months out.  I remember crying and telling God I would be broken forever.  As I just told another loss mom from here, I am not and you will not be either.  We will never be the same, but there will be a new normal where you will feel joy again.   

Hugs friend,
    Jenn 

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"