Working Moms
Options

Overnight Diapering

DS keeps peeing through his diaper and by the time morning comes around the diaper is totally full and he's soaked his onesie and jammies! We're using a Huggies overnight diaper size 3 with a size 4 regular diaper over that and he's STILL peeing through! Any tips to stop thing from happening? I'm afraid to change his diaper overnight because that totally wakes him up and he can't fall back to sleep.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Overnight Diapering

• Options
    CWSKHCCWSKHC member
    imagehocus:

How much is he drinking over night? I might cut it down. I have to change my kids diapers if they have more than 6-8 oz. If you kid is not a big overnight drinker then try a different brand or try getting "diaper booster" pads. They are like pads for your period and add a little more absorbency. You might also want to consider cloth for overnight. Some cloth diapers are more absorbent then disposables. You'd probably only need about 5 or 6 if you can do laundry 2X per week.

He drinks 6-8 oz right before bed, then he still gets up at least once around 2-3 am for another 4 oz. We had 5 nights of bliss where he slept straight through, but that quickly went away when more teeth started coming in. Unfortunately the only thing that will get him back to sleep is a bottle. I'd love to cut it down, but the less he drinks, the more he wakes up. I'll check out the diaper boosters - thank you! I was thinking cloth too but I heard they can get bulky overnight. I don't have any experience with them though so I wouldn't know for sure.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    We had this problem and started using a vinyl diaper covers over top of his regular overnight diaper. This definitely helped cut back on the peeing on his jammies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've dealt with this a ton with my DS.  I switched from the Huggies over nights to the Pampers night time diapers and those seem to work better.  I also use the diaper inserts mentioned by a pp, just a heads up - the only place I could find them was at Babies R Us.  GL!
  • Options
    BLM10BLM10 member
    Pampers were the only diapers my son never leaked through... til we went to cloth, which is also bullet-proof here. ;)
  • Options
    CWSKHCCWSKHC member

imageSquirrel29:
    I've dealt with this a ton with my DS.  I switched from the Huggies over nights to the Pampers night time diapers and those seem to work better.  I also use the diaper inserts mentioned by a pp, just a heads up - the only place I could find them was at Babies R Us.  GL!

You can get them on Amazon.com too! And if you have Amazon Prime you get free 2-day shipping :-) I've found that 90% of stuff is WAY cheaper on Amazon than Babies R Us.

• Options
    Kie310Kie310 member

I love the Pampers over night. Once he started STTN we cut off liquids at 7pm (He goes up around 7:30) and he sleeps through the night with no leaking.

On the rare occurance that he wakes up in the middle of the night and wants a drink I normally change him, just in case.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageCWSKHC:

imageSquirrel29:

You can get them on Amazon.com too! And if you have Amazon Prime you get free 2-day shipping :-) I've found that 90% of stuff is WAY cheaper on Amazon than Babies R Us.

The inserts are a life saver. DS was waking soaked at 3 or 4 am and we tried every imaginable diaper combo and type. BRU sells the diaper pads for cheap and no leaks all week.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Not much help here because I've never gone a night w/o changing my kids once or twice because they wet that much (and no, they don't drink a lot before bed, just small bladders, and I can't sleep knowing they are in a wet diaper for hours).  We use a Pampers Overnight, one size bigger than his regular size, and we change him before we go to bed and then also about 3 am (husband is up for work then, anyway).  It's the only thing that keeps him, his pjs, and the sheets dry.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"