Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

location of basal thermometer

Does it matter where in your mouth you should put the thermometer to get a good reading? Also if you have a cold will that affect your basal temp in the morning when you go to take your temperature?

TTC since 2012 

Dx : DOR

IUI #1 (Follistim switched over to Menopur injections) - BFN

Attempted IUI #2 (Menopur injections only cycle) better response on the Menopur then the Follistim combination treatment cycle however my cycle was still canceled due to my eggs not maturing and follicles not growing enough on a high dose of Menopur (Re said I could try a cycle of comid + ovidrel  for an IUI) for my second IUI( praying this works for us)

Clomid + Ovidrel protocol worked still a BFN as a result

Attempted cycle  Clomid  + Ovidrel protocol for IUI # 3 (Unable to do this cycle due to a cyst)

IUI # 3 Clomid+ Ovidrel protocol - BFP    Beta #1 752  Beta #2  1536    Beta #3 3797

EDD 10/27/14

Our sweet baby boy arrived on 9/2/14 TTC # 2 Conceived without help- June 2015 July 2015- Miscarriage ( blighted ovum)
March 2016 (ectopic pregnancy) :( 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: location of basal thermometer

• Options
    I can only speak about your first question - both thermometers I've purchased have come with diagrams that instruct you to put it under your tongue towards the very back of your mouth, in one of two "heat pockets." Google for illustration :) 
    TTC #1 since July 2012
  • Options

Is your thermometer the mabis one?

TTC since 2012 

Attempted IUI #2 (Menopur injections only cycle) better response on the Menopur then the Follistim combination treatment cycle however my cycle was still canceled due to my eggs not maturing and follicles not growing enough on a high dose of Menopur (Re said I could try a cycle of comid + ovidrel  for an IUI) for my second IUI( praying this works for us)

Attempted cycle  Clomid  + Ovidrel protocol for IUI # 3 (Unable to do this cycle due to a cyst)

IUI # 3 Clomid+ Ovidrel protocol - BFP    Beta #1 752  Beta #2  1536    Beta #3 3797

EDD 10/27/14

Our sweet baby boy arrived on 9/2/14 TTC # 2 Conceived without help- June 2015 July 2015- Miscarriage ( blighted ovum)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for answering my question.

TTC since 2012 

EDD 10/27/14

• Options

No problem!

I'm currently using the CVS brand one, and before that it was the Target brand (though I would not recommend that one, as it favoured temps).  

TTC #1 since July 2012
  • Options
    I've found that temping vaginally results in the most consistent patterns. I had a ton of issues with random things affecting oral temps for me.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options

From what I understand, PP is correct about the heat pockets.

As for question 2, if you are temping orally (and it sounds like you are) a cold could effect your temperature because it could cause you to breath differently (through your mouth instead of your nose).

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

• Options
    Like PP poster, under your tongue towards the back is the best place. Yes, a cold will probably affect your temps. How much will they affect them, not really sure. But if you do have a cold, just make sure you mark the box for "Cold" on your FF chart for that day/days, just so you know. I am a mouth-breather no matter how hard I try not to, so I am personally going to start temping vaginally next cycle.

Me: 28 DH: 33

DD: Born 7/30/13, 2 years old

TTC #2: August 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"