Baby Names
Options

Since I posted all my boys names earlier..here's my girls list!

I really appreciated the feedback on my boys list! Here are our top contenders for girls names, if we get pregnant. Please feel free to critique!

Eloise

Clara

Viola or Violet (nn Vi)

Josephine (probably no nickname - if I did one, it'd be Posey or Joanie after Gma)

Elisabeth nn Betsey (or Betty if I could ever convince my DH)

Astrid

Eliza

Lena

Olive

And my guilty pleasure girl's name: Imogen

Anniversary
Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!

Re: Since I posted all my boys names earlier..here's my girls list!

• Options

Love Josephine, Eliza, and Clara!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options

Eloise- sweet, but too old-fashioned for me

Clara- like, but I prefer Claire

Viola or Violet- like Violet, not a fan of Viola. Viola sounds like a smelly old lady to me.

Josephine- Posey is a cute nn! Don't hear that one much.

Elisabeth- like a lot

Astrid- like it in theory, but can't get past the "azz turd" reference

Eliza- I think I like this better than Elisabeth

Lena- love! My favourite on your list

Olive- not a fan

Imogen- I really like this one.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagestrawberrytree:

Viola or Violet- like Violet, not a fan of Viola. Viola sounds like a smelly old lady to me.

Ha, that's exactly the fear I have!! It's DH's great gma's name, so that's why it's in the running at all :)

Anniversary
  • Options
    I love Violet! The rest are NMS.
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Options
    imagemagpie1127:

I really appreciated the feedback on my boys list! Here are our top contenders for girls names, if we get pregnant. Please feel free to critique!

Eloise -- LOVE

Clara -like

Viola or Violet (nn Vi) -- like Violet, not Viola

Josephine (probably no nickname - if I did one, it'd be Posey or Joanie after Gma) - Dislike

Elisabeth nn Betsey (or Betty if I could ever convince my DH) - Like. I had an Elizabeth in my class who went by Bitsy, which I think is adorable

Astrid - Not a fan

Eliza - Alright

Lena - love

Olive - nms

And my guilty pleasure girl's name: Imogen - I just can't get past the Imogene Herdman association....not a good one.

• Options

I love Eloise and Josephine (although I partial to the nickname Fina). 

I don't care for Olive, Viola or Astrid.

• Options

I looove Imogen, Olive and Astrid. Does your DH agree to Astrid? Because mine just can't get over The Office joke. Such. A. Bummer. I strongly vote for any of these three. They're very rarely used and just too sweet and quirky.

In second place: Violet, Eloise, Josephine and Elisabeth (if only for Betsy). I like all four, but I'm over Eloise being an Ellie name. Josephine and Elisabeth are both lovely, just a little boring for my taste. Violet is very pretty.

I'm totally "meh" on Clara, Eliza and Lena. Perfectly nice names, just nothing special.

VOTE on my Name List

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Violet
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagealliejo725:

I looove Imogen, Olive and Astrid. Does your DH agree to Astrid? Because mine just can't get over The Office joke. Such. A. Bummer. I strongly vote for any of these three. They're very rarely used and just too sweet and quirky.

In second place: Violet, Eloise, Josephine and Elisabeth (if only for Betsy). I like all four, but I'm over Eloise being an Ellie name. Josephine and Elisabeth are both lovely, just a little boring for my taste. Violet is very pretty.

I'm totally "meh" on Clara, Eliza and Lena. Perfectly nice names, just nothing special.

You kind of phrased my love for all of my names EXACTLY. 

As for DH: he hasn't agreed to Astrid or Betsy. I'm totally just holding out hope on those! He's in love with Eloise and Olive, likes Violet and Josephine, and is still very doubtful of Clara, Astrid, Eliza, and Betsy. He hasn't nixed them yet, though!

Anniversary
  • Options
    imagemnkate:
    imagealliejo725:

This. Astrid was on our name list, and DH shot it down because of The Office and also because he kept thinking it sounded like "azz turd". Total bummer because it's a fantastic name. 

OP - between this list and your boy name list, you & I are complete name list twins. Great minds think alike!!! 

:) Yay for name list twins!

I'm glad my DH doesn't watch The Office! It sounds like it ruins a lot of names, lol.

Anniversary
  • Options
    imagePuppylove*85:

I love Eloise and Josephine (although I partial to the nickname Fina). 

I don't care for Olive, Viola or Astrid.

This, plus I also like Imogen. Please, DEAR GOD NO to the ass turd. Astrid is a horrible horrible name (very sorry if I'm offending anyone by that comment but it's just like my most hated name in the universe for some reason)

I actually think Eloise Josephine sounds GREAT together as a FN MN combo, if you have a short last name.  

I'm pulling for Eloise...I'm glad that it's still in the running for you guys. I think it's adorable that your hubby suggested it. 

• Options
    I love Eloise, Josephine, and Astrid.
    Dx: PCOS, started Metformin 7/13
  • Options

Eloise- I love this!  Everytime you talk about another name I think "No, she's going to have an Eloise!!"

Clara- It's nice and would be awesome for most people but you've got better and more original options on here.

Viola or Violet (nn Vi)- Same as Clara, edge goes to Viola though.

Josephine (probably no nickname - if I did one, it'd be Posey or Joanie after Gma)- I love Josephine, it's number 2 on my list.  Posey is a neat nickname.  And I think you can even swing Joanie, especially if the middle name were Ann, but I think I remember you having family names for that.

Elisabeth nn Betsey (or Betty if I could ever convince my DH)- Love Betsy (prefer this spelling) and Betty.  It's also on my list but DH is making us stick with either Eliza or Lizzy for nicknames.  I think Betsy and Betty are much more refreshing.  Obviously if you spell it with the S (whcih I also really like, btw) Eliza and Lizzy would be out of place.

Astrid- I think I'm in the minority here but I don't care for it.  When I was younger I liked Astara, which a baby name book deceived me into thinking was a real name but I know realize apparently is not (per behindthename.com)

Eliza- I prefer Elisabeth/Elizabeth but it's perfectly fine.

Lena- I like it, but it seems some people get confused by the pronunciation and there are more straightforward and/or more worth it names on this list.

Olive- Too close to Olivia.  They're both nice names, but again, I think you've got better options.

And my guilty pleasure girl's name: Imogen- Love!!  Second place to Eloise.

In order I'd rank:  Eloise, Imogen, Josephine, Elisabeth, Eliza, Viola, Violet, Clara, Lena, Olive and Astrid.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagemagpie1127:

Eloise

Clara

Viola or Violet (nn Vi)

Josephine (probably no nickname - if I did one, it'd be Posey or Joanie after Gma)

Elisabeth nn Betsey (or Betty if I could ever convince my DH)

Astrid

Eliza

Lena

Olive

And my guilty pleasure girl's name: Imogen

I don't think I have the balls to give my little girl the name but, I'm really digging Olive.  How stinking cute is that?  I picture a very spunky little lady with that name.  You certainly wouldn't ever forget her.  Eloise is cute as well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Eloise I like this name but I would feel wrong using it. (NMS but a good choice)

Clara It's a cute name but I don't like it.

Viola or Violet (nn Vi) I like Violet very much.

Josephine I like this name and there are so many NN possibilities, although without a NN it's good too.

Elisabeth nn Betsey (or Betty if I could ever convince my DH) I like Elisabeth but I prefer Elizabeth. I like the full name better than the NNs.

Astrid I don't like it and I don't understand why so many people do.

Eliza I think it's NMS but a fine name.

Lena - This sounds too old or something I can't put my finger on, NMS

Olive - I prefer Olivia even though it's popular

And my guilty pleasure girl's name: Imogen NMS 

• Options

If this LO is a girl her name will be Eloise [nn Elsie] so obviously I like that name.

I also love Violet & Olive. 

• Options
    I love Eloise, Imogen, Olive and Violet! I really like Josephine but only because I think Posey as a nn is adorable! Elisabeth, Clara, Lena and Eliza are OK. I've really never liked Astrid, even without The Office association. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Eloise Nice

Clara A little too plain for me

Viola or Violet (nn Vi) Love Violet

Josephine (probably no nickname - if I did one, it'd be Posey or Joanie after Gma) Love Josephine, like the idea of Posey as a NN, love Joanie.

Elisabeth nn Betsey (or Betty if I could ever convince my DH) Love Betty, if we choose Elizabeth this would be our NN choice.

Astrid NMS

Eliza eh

Lena Like it a lot, love Lena Horne

Olive I don't like them so I'd never name a daughter after a fruit I don't like :)

And my guilty pleasure girl's name: Imogen Very pretty.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Love Clara, Betsy (spelled this way), Eliza, and Olive. 

Eloise and Imogen are ok.

Not a fan of Viola, Astrid, or Lena.  

I like Josephine but not the nn's Posey or Joanie.  

Danica 10.22.10 | Milo 12.23.12

PicMonkey Collage3

• Options

I really like Elisabeth and love Betsy or Betty

Eliza and Josephine are also cute.

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• Options

Wow so much awesome feedback!

Astrid definitely seems like a you-love-it-or-you-hate it situation.

At this (premature) point, it seems like we both love the idea of Eloise the most. We'll see!!

Anniversary
  • Options
    I love the name eliza and its the name I'd want to name ours if its a girl but my SO says no because it's too close to my name (Elizabeth, but I go by Lizz). but I think they're different names completely. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Love them all except Astrid and Lena.  You have very good taste in names!  Olive is my guilty pleasure name :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Love Violet, Josephine, & Elisabeth.
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • Options

Lena!

+hpt on December 27th, 2010--miscarriage and D&C at 12 weeks--angel taken too soon but never forgotten Clomid started June 2011-- +hpt July 2, 2011--grow baby grow :) Chance Bryant born @ 31 weeks due to abruption Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My DD is Eliza Jane- I love her name! Astrid is darling too.  

Lucky Mom to 5 girls: 09/97, 06/99, 10/02, 11/04, 04/08 & Peanut #6 due in April! Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I love Eliza!  Also like - Clara and Lena. 

Imogen with nn "Emmy" is so on my name list!  I LOVE it.  But DH isn't in love so much....yet!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I love every single name.  I have a Violet (we call her Vi) and have several of these on my list.  I'm trying to convince DH to name a future daughter Imogen Moira or Elizabeth ("'Betsy") Maren. 
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options
    Love Violet, Astrid and Olive!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    I love Eloise  Violet Astrid     Like Olive adn Elisabeth (don't like Betsy at all tho sorry)    really dislike Josephine Lena and Eliza   not sure why possible associations  but I just don't find them attractive at all..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"